iPad 2 full screen

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
If somebody can help me if it's normal when i connected the Ipad 2 via Hdmi to a HD tv but the screen is not full like i want.I read somewhere the game RealRacing 2 HD which i have bought it will show on full scren but not in my case.I have changed the tv settings and still not full screen.Please i need some help regarding this issue because i know has to be full screen but for whatever reason i do not get that.Many thanks guys.

Sorinel,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Do you expect 4:3 to show up as 16:9? Why?
  • Reply 2 of 6
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sorinel View Post

If somebody can help me if it's normal when i connected the Ipad 2 via Hdmi to a HD tv but the screen is not full like i want.I read somewhere the game RealRacing 2 HD which i have bought it will show on full scren but not in my case.I have changed the tv settings and still not full screen.Please i need some help regarding this issue because i know has to be full screen but for whatever reason i do not get that.Many thanks guys.

Sorinel,

Make sure your iPad2 is updated but it will only support 1080p for video playback, games are 720p so try setting your TV to 720p, or get a cruddier TV

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

And yes those are the iPad 2 specs not iPad 1
  • Reply 4 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RepairZoom View Post

Make sure your iPad2 is updated but it will only support 1080p for video playback, games are 720p so try setting your TV to 720p, or get a cruddier TV

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

And yes those are the iPad 2 specs not iPad 1

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple's iPad 2 Specs Page

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p

Don't quote something unless you're going to actually tell the truth about it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Oi. The level of tech-geek condescension in these forums, occasionally reaching near-autistic levels, is pushing me further and further from this site. The initial responses in this thread in particular irked me quite a bit.

The idea of some apps being able to output in widescreen isn't such a far-fetched idea, and it's not a surprise if sorinel read or heard some talk about that. Now today we get a story about the Real Racing app soon being able to do what sorinel might have heard or understood it could do right off the bat. It seems like sort of an inevitable and obvious feature that developers would start employing soon, provided it's technically possible (and apparently it is).

Hardly a reason to laugh at someone. Unlikely you would have done so to a stranger in real life.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Undecided View Post

Oi. The level of tech-geek condescension in these forums, occasionally reaching near-autistic levels, is pushing me further and further from this site. The initial responses in this thread in particular irked me quite a bit.

The idea of some apps being able to output in widescreen isn't such a far-fetched idea, and it's not a surprise if sorinel read or heard some talk about that. Now today we get a story about the Real Racing app soon being able to do what sorinel might have heard or understood it could do right off the bat. It seems like sort of an inevitable and obvious feature that developers would start employing soon, provided it's technically possible (and apparently it is).

Hardly a reason to laugh at someone. Unlikely you would have done so to a stranger in real life.

You're assuming a lot, ain't ya?