Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.7 Supplemental Update for Late 2010 13 inch MacBook Air

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Just over a week after releasing Mac OS X 10.6.7, Apple has issued a subsequent patch aimed at users of the new Late 2010, 13 inch MacBook Air to fix a system crash related to iTunes.

"This update addresses an issue that makes the system unresponsive when using iTunes," Apple notes on its support page.

The patch is just 461 KB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.7 Build 10J869 to be installed first. Both are available from Software Update.

The system lockup problem on new 13 inch Air models appeared in Apple's discussion forums after the release of Mac OS X 10.6.7 as an easy to replicate issue that resulted in having to force reset affected systems, indicating that the problem was inadvertently introduced with last week's larger update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    rjbrucerjbruce Posts: 45member
    Putting 2011 in the title REALLY got my attention.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    29922992 Posts: 202member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rjbruce View Post

[Like] (Y)
  • Reply 3 of 7
    jdlinkjdlink Posts: 50member
    Apple really needs to fix the bug that 10.6.7 introduced that makes some characters of OpenType postscript fonts disappear.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....rt=90&tstart=0
  • Reply 4 of 7
    13" MBA only????? Talk about quirky... Everything Apple puts out these days is beta, including system updates. Guess they don't have enough money to test everything :P
  • Reply 5 of 7
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rjbruce View Post

They still haven't corrected it yet either. Sad. At least Apple corrects their glitches.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    ktappektappe Posts: 823member
    Now there are THREE different versions of 10.6.7 out there:

* The one in use by most of us

* The one for 2011 MacBook Pros

* The one for 2010 13" MacBook Airs

This makes the current situation a nightmare for those of us attempting to maintain a single OS image that would work on all Macs. I really hope 10.6.8 comes along soon so we can have a unified system again. (Of course, then the 2011 iMacs will come along.....)
  • Reply 7 of 7
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1349

just in case you didn't archive this combo updater!