OS X LION and ARD Problem

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anotehr note with Lion. If you plan on using ARD (latest version) you need to know that it does not work. WHen I go to launch ARD it indicates that the client version installed is not compatible. It says to run system update. When I run system update no new version is available. It is the latest version that I was using with 10.6

On a side note, when I launch dashboard, the display screens for ARD work. Both on my local Lan and external. So somehow those display screens are fetching the info internal and external but am not able to launch the ARD app itself.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Lion is a development system. If you were a legitimate developer, then sharing your findings with Apple and the third-party's whose applications are affected would be useful. You are not. As such, posting every incompatibility that you find on this forum serves no useful purpose and is a bit annoying.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Lion is a development system. If you were a legitimate developer, then sharing your findings with Apple and the third-party's whose applications are affected would be useful. You are not. As such, posting every incompatibility that you find on this forum serves no useful purpose and is a bit annoying.

I did post it to apple thanks very much Mr. Me. And personally I see no issues with letting people know when an issue is found as they may have a suggestion or work around. At no point in time was my comment a complaint, it was simply an observation.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Use Pacifier to install Apple Remote Desktop Client. It will interfere with your ability to utilize the new features that come with 10.7's particular version of ARD, but you will be able to run the Admin software. Then the only challenge you are left with is the annoying task of having to enter your serial number every time you re-launch ARD.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Chill Mr. Me. ARD is a big issue for some.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    ARD works fine if you run the correct version
  • Reply 6 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fitrwalker14655 View Post

Chill Mr. Me. ARD is a big issue for some.

Then those 'some' shouldn't have updated to development software they're not supposed to have.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    It's amazing the information you have at your disposal when you have a developer account and see that there's a working version of ARD admin on Apple's connect site. Simply amazing.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

It's amazing the information you have at your disposal when you have a developer account and see that there's a working version of ARD admin on Apple's connect site. Simply amazing.

• Reply 9 of 9
    skottichanskottichan Posts: 193member
    And if you're not a valid ADC-authorized person and don't have access to it because you shouldn't even have access to Lion at this point, you can always resort to using 'Connect to Server' from Finder (Apple-K) and then using vnc://<IP> to connect to the computer in question to mess with it. Need to move files to it? AirDrop or the other file-sharing options over a network are still available. Voila. Your problem is solved.