Am I nuts if I say I love APPLE

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
STARTED USING APPLE in 1986(there or about) never bought a pc or used one

only apple products have been used at my desk..and I don't feel like I am missing anything

just sayin...........Cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDad

Am I nuts if I say I love APPLE

No but making a thread asking the question, maybe.

I get the thrill of using them every so often and I can say that with the exception of gaming you aren't missing anything special.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    I love Apple's products too, you're not nuts!

I've been using them for a long time too, just like you, and I've never been disappointed by any single Apple product that I've ever bought. Ok, the hockey puck mouse that came with the original iMac was a bit flaky, but I can forgive them for that. Nobody is perfect, not even Apple. On the other hand, Apple is certainly more perfect than any other tech company though.

There's a good reason why people are willing to stand in line for hours for Apple products.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDad View Post

STARTED USING APPLE in 1986(there or about)

Beat you by a year!

Quote:

never bought a pc or used one

only apple products have been used at my desk..and I don't feel like I am missing anything

just sayin...........Cheers!

How could you possibly know the difference if you never used both extensively? I advise trying it. Makes you appreciate OSX more!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    idadidad Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parttimer View Post

Beat you by a year!

How could you possibly know the difference if you never used both extensively? I advise trying it. Makes you appreciate OSX more!

Why would I waste the money on others when I already know Apple is #1?

Already appreciate OSX......... my wallet doesn't but I do!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I love Apple's products too, you're not nuts!

I've been using them for a long time too, just like you, and I've never been disappointed by any single Apple product that I've ever bought. Ok, the hockey puck mouse that came with the original iMac was a bit flaky, but I can forgive them for that. Nobody is perfect, not even Apple. On the other hand, Apple is certainly more perfect than any other tech company though.

There's a good reason why people are willing to stand in line for hours for Apple products.

I agree there customer service is excellent.Good quality control also.Not like HP where there products break down to often and no one can really entertain your question when you call them.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

No but making a thread asking the question, maybe.

I get the thrill of using them every so often and I can say that with the exception of gaming you aren't missing anything special.

Dead Space 2 on my PC is scaring the bollocks out of me. Not as tightly crafted as Dead Space 1 but cinematic and nightmarish. Not for the faint of heart. Way better than any "horror" movie nowadays.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Way better than any "horror" movie nowadays.

I am finding that quite a lot with modern games and it's disappointing that there aren't more developers making a big push for Mac support. Even film directors want in on the action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AelAlHDJPNA

Long development times but gaming is no longer just about arcade gaming, it's a medium for art and story-telling and needs more support on the Mac side. It's good to see Valve's committed effort though, I think their Steamplay idea is awesome because it removes the platform choice.

Still no MW2, Black Ops, Mass Effect etc though. Consumers are porting their binaries over, how much effort can it really take?

At least there's still Bootcamp for the few things missing on the Mac side but bootcamps are never pleasant and this one is no exception because you still have to deal with Windows.