Online US iPad 2 orders ship in 2-3 weeks as Apple's availability improves

Comments

• Reply 21 of 64
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Apple haven't fulfilled a single online order in the UK yet. All new stock is going directly to the stores.

Is there any way of finding availability in the stores?
  • Reply 22 of 64
    slinbergslinberg Posts: 34member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doc_G View Post

I ordered my iPad on March 16th. Still listed as not delivering until April 23rd.

Same here on both dates, mine haven't changed either.

(64g wifi black)
  • Reply 23 of 64
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkalu View Post

What should we really believe? Your several reports that the Japanese earthquake affected supply of parts, hence Apple will soon run out of iPad 2, or that the availability of iPad 2 is improving?

You should believe what the Apple online store is telling you.
  • Reply 24 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rdjlexky View Post

Wasn't it 3-4 last week, and 4-5 the week before that?

Funny how that works.

Five weeks from now, you'll receive it a week before you order!
  • Reply 25 of 64
    yodamacyodamac Posts: 59member
    I was finally able to get an iPad 2 at the Apple Store last Thursday morning. Store employee said it was the first day since launch that they'd had more vouchers (for iPad 2's) than people waiting in line. So me thinks the tide is finally turning. Suck it scalpers!

I cancelled my iPad 2 online order (made March 15th) that morning, but kept my Smart Cover on order because the Apple store was sold out of red leather ones. I haven't had time to stop back and see if they've gotten any since...

My Smart Cover order is listed as- Ships:April 18, Delivers:April 21.
  • Reply 26 of 64
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmillermcp View Post

Mine still won't ship until Apr 21 and I ordered on Mar 24.

You have a crystal ball? Your order will ship before everyone who ordered after April 21.
  • Reply 27 of 64
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    I got mine at 7:00 PM the FIRST day without standing in the 4-5 hr long line at all no scalping no games. There are ways to get these direct, from Apple at your local Apple store. I won't come right out on how but it is all straight up and within the system.

At least here in patent friendly Texas (NOT) lol they are really nice to us.

EDIT: I hope everybody gets theirs quick - I'm not trying to be a putz, just letting you know there are (or at least have been for both the iPad and iPad2) ways of working IN THE SYSTEM and getting quick service.
  • Reply 28 of 64
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YodaMac View Post

I was finally able to get an iPad 2 at the Apple Store last Thursday morning. Store employee said it was the first day since launch that they'd had more vouchers (for iPad 2's) than people waiting in line. So me thinks the tide is finally turning. Suck it scalpers!

I cancelled my iPad 2 online order (made March 15th) that morning, but kept my Smart Cover on order because the Apple store was sold out of red leather ones. I haven't had time to stop back and see if they've gotten any since...

My Smart Cover order is listed as- Ships:April 18, Delivers:April 21.

Congrats - I got the Red leather on Black 64G cell, been using it since first day - you will love it.
  • Reply 29 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

I got mine at 7:00 PM the FIRST day without standing in the 4-5 hr long line at all no scalping no games. There are ways to get these direct, from Apple at your local Apple store. I won't come right out on how but it is all straight up and within the system.

At least here in patent friendly Texas (NOT) lol they are really nice to us.

EDIT: I hope everybody gets theirs quick - I'm not trying to be a putz, just letting you know there are (or at least have been for both the iPad and iPad2) ways of working IN THE SYSTEM and getting quick service.

What a jackass
  • Reply 30 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

You have a crystal ball? Your order will ship before everyone who ordered after April 21.

Huh?
  • Reply 31 of 64
    It's great to move up the delivery on new orders. What about existing orders? I placed mine mid-March and my ship date is still set for the last week in April.
  • Reply 32 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John78259 View Post

It's great to move up the delivery on new orders. What about existing orders? I placed mine mid-March and my ship date is still set for the last week in April.

Your order will ship before everyone who ordered the same model after you.
  • Reply 33 of 64
    a1anga1ang Posts: 10member
    Ordered mine around 8:30am PST on 3/11. I didn't want to wait up until 1am. Orginal ship date was 4/1. It actually shipped on 3/28 and arrived on 3/31.
  • Reply 34 of 64
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Five weeks from now, you'll receive it a week before you order!

This is great news! What an innovation in customer service!!

No longer to I have to agonize over whether or not I really need one or where the funds will come from--I just need to wait until I get one in the mail and then order it a week later! Hassle free ordering from Apple.

It's magical.
  • Reply 35 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

This is great news! What an innovation in customer service!!

No longer to I have to agonize over whether or not I really need one or where the funds will come from--I just need to wait until I get one in the mail and then order it a week later! Hassle free ordering from Apple.

It's magical.

I think there's a movie idea in this somewhere.
  • Reply 36 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragrider View Post

I ordered mine (64 ATT Black) on March 15. The order said that it would ship April 19 and be delivered April 22. I checked online with Apple every few days to see if the schedule was changing, based on the reports of early shipments, and even last night it was still the same. This morning, however, I got an email from Apple advising that my order had shipped and to expect it on Friday. This shipped two weeks and a day earlier than they had it scheduled. I'm delighted.

I ordered the same on March 11, within the first 25 minutes online ordering started. It shipped March 18 and arrived March 22, right when they said it would. The odd thing was, I never got the shipment notification. I didn't realize it had shipped until the day before it arrived when I checked the status online. Oddly, the smart cover I had ordered with the iPad arrived the week before.
  • Reply 37 of 64
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    There are new ipads everyday at the downtown montreal Apple Store. They get into inventory between 9pm and midnight and get reserved online so they are still never available if you walk-in the store. I just check and there was still a few white 16g wifi models.

I also ask a guy at Best Buy in the Montreal area and they received about 20 per day every day and sold out in the morning. And this is just one store of the many in Montreal. I don't know how many ipads Apple sold but I think its huge, lots of devices are getting delivered to stores but are immediately sold.
  • Reply 38 of 64
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmillermcp View Post

Mine still won't ship until Apr 21 and I ordered on Mar 24.

Mine is due to ship on the 15th (ordered 24th as well) but is currently under the "prepared for shipping" title.

It may occur sooner than expected..
  • Reply 39 of 64
    jsimmonsjsimmons Posts: 63member
    Ordered two on the 19th, and it still shows as shipping on the 21st of this month. I'll be checking it once an hour now to see if the status has changed. Seems to me that if someone else ordered on the 24th, and they're getting theirs early, mine would change as well.
  • Reply 40 of 64
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post

Ordered two on the 19th, and it still shows as shipping on the 21st of this month. I'll be checking it once an hour now to see if the status has changed. Seems to me that if someone else ordered on the 24th, and they're getting theirs early, mine would change as well.

With 18 different models all being given the exact same initial shipping estimate, I don't think it is reasonable for every model's actual shipping date to behave the same. It looks like Apple is shipping many early, but make sure you are comparing same SKUs before you determine fairness/unfairness...