Lion Problems. Should I make the switch?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm having quite a few problems with the Dev Build of 10.7 so I am contemplating switching back to OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard but I am wondering if I will lose all my stuff when I make the switch....

Does anybody know what happens when you change back to Snow Leopard?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    YOU would know if you were supposed to have installed 10.7 in the first place.

For frick's sake, what did you think DEVELOPER PREVIEW meant?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Thats not answering my question.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jonny_Appleseed View Post

Thats not answering my question.

Nor did I plan to. Everything deletes. You should know this from past OS'. Unless you have a Time Machine backup from before you installed Lion, you can't go back to Snow Leopard without a clean install.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

For frick's sake, what did you think DEVELOPER PREVIEW meant?

If he got the preview via AppleSeed (the scheme for "regular Joes") then isn't it possible he didn't know what he was doing.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mateus109 View Post

If he got the preview via AppleSeed (the scheme for "regular Joes") then isn't it possible he didn't know what he was doing.

Apple only gave that to people who knew what they were doing (i.e., established members of the forum or those who expressed proficiency in OS X).
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Apple only gave that to people who knew what they were doing (i.e., established members of the forum or those who expressed proficiency in OS X).

Quote:

Alrite, calm down mate. Yeah, I am a regular Joe with a bit of interest. Yeah, I didn't know what I was doing but theres normally an uninstall program in a package like this. So get of my case.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jonny_Appleseed View Post

... but theres normally an uninstall program in a package like this. So get of my case.

No, there normally is NOT an uninstall program for an ENTIRE OS.

Again... it was made available for developers... to test and debug for Apple, and so the developer can get a head-start on updating their own software.

I actually think it's kinda funny when people get screwed by pirated software
  • Reply 8 of 9
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    I find it funny that he calls you that name, yet I think he fits the definition of it by his actions, by his talking about it on a public forum, and by his ignorance.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Listen, back up your user folder to an external drive, save any apps you think you can drag over and make a backup of your root library folder for good measure. Erase the drive and install snow leopard. Make a new account and manually and tediously bring over all you documents and settings. It's not going to be easy but you won't have to lose much data. Then you'll learn a valuable lesson, right ?