iPad 2 Online Orders ? Canada

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
It was 4:15 EDT and I placed my order for my 32GB WiFi iPad 2 with a black leather Smart Cover. I will get around 2 weeks after it ships which takes 2-3 weeks. No glitch whatsoever during the order, though.

I'm not crazy enough to go do the queue. Waking up in the middle of the night is well enough!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    I ordered around the same time. I am hoping that they defaulted to 2-3 weeks and will adjust based on inventory. It was pretty darn early and I am not supposed to receive it till April 22....brutal.
  • Reply 2 of 33
    Glad I got up in the middle of the night and ordered when it was still 2-3 weeks.
  • Reply 3 of 33
    alienzedalienzed Posts: 393member

I was crossing my fingers for a few days delay time having ordered it 2 minutes after it was available.

This might sound stupid and obsessive but I started getting worried when the "Currently Not available" wasn't gone by 1:04 PST
  • Reply 4 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cassyfa View Post

I was just wondering what the different price points are when you order an iPad 2 online at apple.com.

20$ difference (higher in Canada)
  • Reply 5 of 33
    My iPad Smart Cover shipped today, it is supposed to arrive on the 4th of April, so 17 days earlier than the initial estimate. I hope the iPad is equally ahead of schedule.
  • Reply 6 of 33
    So Apple Retail stores now let customers reserve an iPad and pick it up the next day, but those who ordered online last week are still waiting for their to be shipped. Uh-huh...

So I reserved one at my local Apple store yesterday, picked it up today... it's 16gb instead of the 32gb I ordered, but I figure I can always take this one back within 2 weeks, so it's like a loaner for my wait

I'm also wondering if 16gb isn't enough in the end. I have an iPhone 4 with 32gb already and don't plan on putting any music on my iPad.

I'm never really in a situation where I need to watch movies on my iPad so other than trying it out for fun, i think I'll be ok with just apps.

Anybody bought a 32gb or 64gb and find it's way more than they need?
  • Reply 7 of 33
    Has anyone's status changed yet? I was hoping to be surprised with an early shipment. Figured they'd have some ship out immediately. It's been a tough wait!
  • Reply 8 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

Has anyone's status changed yet? I was hoping to be surprised with an early shipment. Figured they'd have some ship out immediately. It's been a tough wait!

Actually, my estimated shipping date hasn't changed, but now the arrival day is 3 days earlier.

used to be ship on 14th, arrive on 22nd.

now it's ship on 14th, arrive on 19th.

Also it says Prepared for shipment where it used to say:"Not yet shipped".
  • Reply 9 of 33
    Shipped!!! Apple says to expect it the 11th, FedEx says the 7th! not bad, 2 weeks early.
  • Reply 10 of 33
    Oh man, I am jealous. I hope this signals a change in my status soon. I am just hoping for sometime next week.
  • Reply 11 of 33
    Quote:

Oh man, I am jealous. I hope this signals a change in my status soon. I am just hoping for sometime next week.

You ordered on March 25th no? I'm surprised your status hasn't changed already...
  • Reply 12 of 33
    Yeah, my order went through at 4:25am. I set my iPhone alarm to no sound. I didn't realize that it would do no vibration too, kinda dumb. Anyways, you'd still think that was early enough to be in the first wave....apparently not.
  • Reply 13 of 33
    Quote:

Yeah, my order went through at 4:25am. I set my iPhone alarm to no sound. I didn't realize that it would do no vibration too, kinda dumb. Anyways, you'd still think that was early enough to be in the first wave....apparently not.

I take it you aren't near an Apple Store though? I picked one up from the Apple Store near my place after reserving it online after 9pm... going to bring it back within two weeks, so it's like on loan until mine arrives... after all I had to something with my smart cover...
  • Reply 14 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

I take it you aren't near an Apple Store though? I picked one up from the Apple Store near my place after reserving it online after 9pm... going to bring it back within two weeks, so it's like on loan until mine arrives... after all I had to something with my smart cover...

No, I am in London. I wish I had known ahead of time that Mostly Digital (a local Mac store) was taking pre-orders. I would have been all over that!
  • Reply 15 of 33
    Quote:

Actually, my estimated shipping date hasn't changed, but now the arrival day is 3 days earlier.

used to be ship on 14th, arrive on 22nd.

now it's ship on 14th, arrive on 19th.

Also it says Prepared for shipment where it used to say:"Not yet shipped".

My order just did the exact same thing. Here's hoping tomorrow is the ship date!

Edit:

It shipped late last night from Shenzen, CN. It is already in Mississauga. Wild.

I wonder how many people have received their shipments, so far.
  • Reply 16 of 33
    Quote:

My order just did the exact same thing. Here's hoping tomorrow is the ship date!

Edit:

It shipped late last night from Shenzen, CN. It is already in Mississauga. Wild.

I wonder how many people have received their shipments, so far.

You lucky bastard, mine is still in Shenzhen!
  • Reply 17 of 33
    Quote:

You lucky bastard, mine is still in Shenzhen!

Brutal. It was the customs paperwork that was listed in Mississauga. The iPad missed the damn cut off for today. Still in China. New receive date as the 13th. Very frustrating. They got me all excited for nothing. Nothing!!
  • Reply 18 of 33
    Quote:

Brutal. It was the customs paperwork that was listed in Mississauga. The iPad missed the damn cut off for today. Still in China. New receive date as the 13th. Very frustrating. They got me all excited for nothing. Nothing!!

ugh... still, we're closer than ever before!
  • Reply 19 of 33
    mine is somewhere between indianapolis and Montreal, I hope they are driving it over here in a Nascar!
  • Reply 20 of 33
    Quote:

mine is somewhere between indianapolis and Montreal, I hope they are driving it over here in a Nascar!

O-M-G!

O-M-G!

O-M-G!

Apple just shipped my iPad 2. A WEEK IN ADVANCE! It was supposed to ship on 15/04. Instead I'll get it on 13/04.

HAHAHA

I suppose that I would have gotten it even earlier if I hadn't customised it!