Steve on iMac on CNN

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Steve just got off of CNN...what a waste of time!!! They made him look like an idiot and he didn't have a chance to discuss anything about the new hardware.

He's gotta be fuming about the interview right now. It was a disaster...and when he tried to show the new iMac, they just blew him off, mocked him and the product and went to commercial.

AUGH!!!!!

I am so tiiiiiiiiiired of those morons!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    So ah why don't you tell us what happened :confused: Am I to read your mind? I guess it was on "Moneyline"? Lue Dobbs? What did they ask him what did he say? Details man!
  • Reply 2 of 26
    For one thing, they asked him about when G5's would arrive, and he just dodged the question, saying "we can't talk about future products..." The interview seemed disappointingly short to me.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    like i said in another thread, CNN is going ga-ga over the intel 2.2 GHz chip. it's getting mentioned like every two sentences, and they're talking up the CES during the stock report...

ugh... i got a bad feeling about this, folks.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    Aside from doging the "when are you coming out with a G5 like everyone wanted, now that you have so totally let them down?" crap...they went into the traditional and inane "why does Mac only have 5% of the market?" question.

Steve countered with his "Apple has greater computer market share than Chrysler has auto sales" answer. He through in a quick "digital hub" reference before the brain-dead Lue said time was up.

Steve was sitting with a new iMac within the camera shot the whole time and good ol' Lue didn't even have the sense to ask "hey Steve, what's that thing next to you?"

Steve tried desperately to get the iMac some air time and said "Lue, I just have to show you this before you go." Lue muttered off camera "do we have time? Oh, ok...if you can di it in 2-seconds, that would be great."

The camera pulled out, Steve made the display move up and down, Lue interupted with "Uh, that's cool Steve."

And then they ditched him.

CNN and Lue need a boot to the head. They have such half-wits there. And we all know that if that had been Billy Bob Gates :eek: that he would have been on for like 15 minutes blathering ad nauseum.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    [quote] like i said in another thread, CNN is going ga-ga over the intel 2.2 GHz chip. it's getting mentioned like every two sentences, and they're talking up the CES during the stock report... <hr></blockquote>

It's just dreadful. I heard them say at least three times today that computer users are eagerly awaiting Intel's new 2.2 GHz chip, "the fastest computer chip in the world." Bla bla bla...

I am so tired of Steve letting Macs get kicked in the chips over this MHz thing...myth or not. They need to get it together...we haven't even hit one frickin' GHz yet for crying out loud.

What the hell are they waiting for? A written invitation?
  • Reply 6 of 26
    Who cares what Lou "Fat Face" dobs did to Jobs? This is the iMac for gods sake, it will get attention.

<a href="http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020114/index.html"; target="_blank">http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020114/index.html</a>;
  • Reply 7 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by VertiGoGo:

<strong>

I am so tired of Steve letting Macs get kicked in the chips over this MHz thing...myth or not. They need to get it together...we haven't even hit one frickin' GHz yet for crying out loud.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I guess Steve J better get his white lab coat on and get into the labs and start designing faster chips himself, then.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    Yeah I saw that and it was pretty disappointing. How long did they give him? About a minute maybe?

You see the guy's face when he tried to get Jobs to spill beans on the G5? Completely red and he was chuckling.

I honestly think Jobs should've been like "Wait a sec if you're going to give me a minute to talk then I shouldn't have to waste my time with CNN. Let me talk about the new iMac......." and let them cut him off with a commercial or something........that would've been cool. Haven't heard any mention of the 2.2 GHz chip on CNN and I was watching CNNfn for a little hoping to hear something about Macworld.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    luckylucky Posts: 50member
    Apple needs to be releasing products that amaze people whether or not they are 'morons' as you so poetically disparage them. If the reporters on CNN, who could probably be interpreted as a fairly good representation of the public at large in terms of computer literacy, are more interested in today's announcements by Intel and AMD, then Apple is not making the correct moves or producing sufficiently exciting products.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    [quote] I guess Steve J better get his white lab coat on and get into the labs and start designing faster chips himself, then. <hr></blockquote>

Amen to that!
  • Reply 11 of 26
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>...Haven't heard any mention of the 2.2 GHz chip on CNN and I was watching CNNfn for a little hoping to hear something about Macworld.</strong><hr></blockquote>

sorry... i meant CNN Headline News... at least three times in the last half hour, AND they had someone "analyze" what the advent of these wonderful new chipc from AMD and Intel mean for us consumers...

i'm kinda glad i missed that moneyline report... it sounds awful. remember when steve walked out of an interview (after the yum introduction of imacs, i think) when they asked him about whether he would become the next CEO, and he said "i thought we agreed you wouldn't ask questions like that" tore off the headset and left the interviewer lost for words...

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: rok ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 26
    Dont you get it?! If there is G4 800 in the iMac for $1,800 what will the $3,499 model be like in a short while? Apple may catch AMD in the CPU speed department.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    CNN is crap, I can't stand that corporate news station. The way they decide what to cover, it's always in the interests of big business. And Apple doesn't fit in with CNNs cookie cutter view of the world. To them Steve Jobs is just some burned out hippie who did too much acid.

I quit watching CNN long ago. I don't miss it at all and frankly I don't care what they think of Jobs.

Meanwhile, Time has a cool article on the new iMac that is more balanced. Check it out.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    I found some new iMac pictures

• Reply 15 of 26
    merlionmerlion Posts: 143member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>Dont you get it?! If there is G4 800 in the iMac for $1,800 what will the $3,499 model be like in a short while? Apple may catch AMD in the CPU speed department.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have no idea, what do you think?
  • Reply 15 of 26
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    i don't think they would give bill gates teh time of day on the other hand MSNBC WOULD

you know cnn is owned by AOL TIME WARNER which HATES MS so there u go and

BILL GATES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INTEL

AND MONEYLINE IS HORRIBLE SHOW AND THAT GUY IS AN ASSHOLE I KNOW SOME ONE WHO USED TO INTERN FOR HIM HE IS DOWNRIGHT SELFISH AND CYNICAL
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Hahaha......

Also, what ever happened to that English guy on Moneyline? He was cool. I remember they had Jobs in-house when the Cube was introduced and they were talking about it a lot and Steve got to play around with it and so did the guy. Took the computer out and everything...........and the guy seemed a lot better and more intelligent than this Lou character. He also said that he'd be getting a Cube for his kids probably.

Anywayz,Steve sort of deserves it. It gets old when you always have to wait for Apple to play catchup.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    hmm so the g5 is indeed a future product

probably so far in developemnt it can be considered a future product meaning that the the future is near?

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: O and A ]</p>
  • Reply 19 of 26
    scadboyscadboy Posts: 189member
    Despite the unfortunate TV interview, CNN.com does have a pretty decent article up...

<a href="http://money.cnn.com/2002/01/07/techinvestor/futrelle/"; target="_blank">http://money.cnn.com/2002/01/07/techinvestor/futrelle/</a>;

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 20 of 26
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by jacinto46:

<strong>For one thing, they asked him about when G5's would arrive, and he just dodged the question, saying "we can't talk about future products..." The interview seemed disappointingly short to me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

A real leader would have produced the G5s today.