Safari 5.0.4 (SL 10.6.7) Cookies "remember me" issue?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I am unsure if it's related to a Private Browsing bug or not. Using someone else computer until iPad 2 arrives and trying not to add my surfing to their history, only I have to keep on re-signing into forums like Apple Insider and web-serivces like Instapaper. If I look in preferences I can see the cookies, but they aren't remembering me on occasions. Yes I am checking those remember my boxes, but the issue seems to rear its head now and again.

It's annoying. Repairing Permissions, clearing cookies, Restarting etc. The issue comes back like a gray ghost when least expected. Anyone else experience this? Anyone know what might be causing it? Private browsing, for example, did not cause this previously.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    I am not sure that everything is fixable on your end. For example, I too have been forced to re-login to AppleInsider.com. I am a member of several Mac fan sites. AppleInsider.com is the only one whose login does not persist. I have no conclusion other than something unique to this site causes the issue.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    As far as AI is concerned, I almost never have this problem, except for yesterday (or maybe the day before). I had to re-login both at work and at my home computer. I just assumed AI did something that ignored my cookies. Everything has been fine since then.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Hmmm.