Apple rumored to fix FaceTime, Verizon iPad issues with iOS 4.3.2

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple is rumored to issue its next mobile operating system update, iOS 4.3.2, for the iPhone and iPad in the next week, addressing problems with FaceTime and connectivity issues related to the Verizon iPad 2.

Boy Genius Report allegedly obtained an early copy of the iOS 4.3.2 software and loaded it on an iPhone, but apparently didn't notice any standout changes with the incremental software update. But a tipster reportedly said that the new software will pack a fix for FaceTime, as well as security fixes for WebKit vulnerabilities, among other minor changes.

The update is also said to resolve connectivity issues with the Verizon CDMA iPad 2. Last Friday, Apple said in a statement that it is looking into connection problems users have reported with the 3G-capable Verizon iPad 2. The issues have not been reported by users of the AT&T-compatible 3G iPad 2.

Rumors of an iOS 4.3.2 update first surfaced earlier this month. It was said that the security and maintenance update would include bug fixes, but no additional details were given at the time.

The last mobile operating system update issued by Apple came in March, in the form of iOS 4.3.1. That included fixes for cellular networks and a resolution for an occasional graphics glitch on the fourth-generation iPod touch.

The next major release of Apple's iOS is expected to be unveiled at the Worldwide Developers Conference, scheduled to kick off June 6 in San Francisco, Calif. Apple has said that this year's conference will be used to "unveil the future of iOS," and rumors have indicated that Apple will preview iOS 5, but will not announce a new iPhone as it has done in years past.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    I hope these FaceTime "fixes" are related to Apple spying on us at random intervals.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Please Apple, allow for smaller point updates the way you do in Mac OS X. I?m not asking for OTA updates as that has a much bigger can of worms involved with it, just point updates that update changed files.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrackBerryDoctor View Post

I hope these FaceTime "fixes" are related to Apple spying on us at random intervals.

I?m always amazed by what people say for their first post.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrackBerryDoctor View Post

is that why my non jail broken iphone 4 has been effing up since they merged sources with the ipad os? The phone app has never been worse and the phone wont even backup anymore (i'm running 4.3.1 even!!!)
  • Reply 4 of 15
    edorfedorf Posts: 29member
    No interest in FaceTime anymore after apple made us pay for this sw!
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffreytgilbert View Post

is that why my non jail broken iphone 4 has been effing up since they merged sources with the ipad os? The phone app has never been worse and the phone wont even backup anymore (i'm running 4.3.1 even!!!)

2 very different build files. I had the same backup issue its itunes delete itunes and reinstall it that will resolve that problem
  • Reply 6 of 15
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edorf View Post

Yep.. $0.99 will mess up everyone's budget.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edorf View Post

It?s included with the iPhone 4, G4 iPod Touch, iPad 2 and Mac OS X Lion. What you?re referring to is the optional download from the Mac App Store from the 2009 Snow Leopard. I doubt that limitation or the afore mentioned 99¢ price will be a barrier.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple is rumored to issue its next mobile operating system update, iOS 4.3.2, for the iPhone and iPad in the next week, addressing problems with FaceTime and connectivity issues related to the Verizon iPad 2.

Somewhat unrelated: I hope they also fix a persistent GPS bug in the Camera app. This happened to me several times now, but I don't know how I trigger it and therefore can't reproduce on demand. I look down at the phone and notice the battery almost gone. The GPS icon is at the top of the screen, despite me being at the home screen. I go to the Location Services menu and see that the Camera app is the only one that requested GPS in the last 24 hours. I go into multitasking mode, go into edit mode and remove the camera tile (i.e. close the application, despite my not realizing that it was running in the background). The icon disappears and my battery drain stops. To the best of my knowledge I did not multi-task to another app and leave it running in the background, and one questions why that app would even be MT-enabled given it's high use of CPU and GPS.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranger_one View Post

I go into multitasking mode, go into edit mode and remove the camera tile (i.e. close the application, despite my not realizing that it was running in the background). The icon disappears and my battery drain stops. To the best of my knowledge I did not multi-task to another app and leave it running in the background, and one questions why that app would even be MT-enabled given it's high use of CPU and GPS.

There is no multitasking mode to access. That is the Fast App Switcher. It only lists the apps you?ve last accessed in the order you lasted access them from right to left. These are not apps that necessarily running in the background. Some might, depending on the app?s inclusion of the backgrounding APIs and how recently you?ve last accessed the apps, but just being in the list does not mean it?s running in the background.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

There is no multitasking mode to access. That is the Fast App Switcher. It only lists the apps you?ve last accessed in the order you lasted access them from right to left. These are not apps that necessarily running in the background. Some might, depending on the app?s inclusion of the backgrounding APIs and how recently you?ve last accessed the apps, but just being in the list does not mean it?s running in the background.

Right, I should have been more precise. I understand that not all the apps are running in the background and that there's no indicator as to which are, but the fact that the GPS icon goes away instantly when I close the camera app is a pretty big indicator that it was running in the background.

Anyway, I didn't mean to start a new thread, just throwing out a wish for a fix in the next iOS update.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranger_one View Post

Right, I should have been more precise. I understand that not all the apps are running in the background and that there's no indicator as to which are, but the fact that the GPS icon goes away instantly when I close the camera app is a pretty big indicator that it was running in the background.

Anyway, I didn't mean to start a new thread, just throwing out a wish for a fix in the next iOS update.

Okay, I see. Yeah, that sounds like a very annoying and detrimental bug. I assume toggling all of Location Services, restarting, then turning it back on doesn’t work. Have you tried reinstalling iOS? Is there anything on their support site about this issue?

My brother’s iPhone has been draining too fast since installing 4.3.1. He tried reinstalling, but then restored from a backup but that didn’t seem to work. I suggested rebuilding his settings without the backup. As inconvenient as that is, if it works it’s less inconvenient than a dead battery, and if if doesn’t he can always just use a backup to get his permissions back in place.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    They should fix the battery life issue that iOS 4.3 caused (and 4.3.1 didn't fix).
  • Reply 13 of 15
    edorfedorf Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It?s included with the iPhone 4, G4 iPod Touch, iPad 2 and Mac OS X Lion. What you?re referring to is the optional download from the Mac App Store from the 2009 Snow Leopard. I doubt that limitation or the afore mentioned 99¢ price will be a barrier.

Since numbers doesn't have the ability to do labels merge I am forced to have my hole db of contacts in the address book. That makes it impossible to use FaceTime as a quick tool ( to hopeless long time spent on finding a person).

Second and more important. My kinds do not have an account by them self to by sw trough Mac app store and the will not be able to upgrade the old beta version with out the permission of mom or dad. I could do that if I knew it was a good sw but it isn't. Other parents that are not into tech will not pay for every demand from the kids, especially when it comes to scary things like taking to someone live on internet.

99c is nothing but still a to much.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    bdoggbdogg Posts: 8member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juliasandrick View Post

Just waiting for release of iOS 4.3.2 so that ican update my iPhone 4 to the latest version. Also willing to know about when this iPhone 5 will release. Rumors are that this time the aluminum or alloy body is coming..

iPhone 4 - serious wifi and bluetooth connection problems with 4.3.1

iPad 2 - Facetime crashes and spotlight searching brings up facetime when you tap on a contact result.

Sort it Apple
  • Reply 15 of 15
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    They didn't fix the battery life issue in 4.3.2...