Is their anybody he isn't suing?
  • Reply 23 of 71
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    This isn't a law suit it's a 'Law Suite'
  • Reply 24 of 71
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nategrove View Post

Anyone else notice that he couldn't even spell the President's first name correctly?

Well that's how it was spelled on the long form Hawaii Birth Certifica..., I mean, opps

/

/

/

/
  • Reply 25 of 71
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    this guy should be an analyst for Piper Jaffray.
  • Reply 26 of 71
    tleviertlevier Posts: 104member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post

the only way to stop this crap is to make the loser pay.

force the parties to the law suit to show adequate assets in the event they lose.

Yeah, but that keeps the powerful in power and the weak in the mud. Maybe there could be a pretrial hearing to look at the allegations and based on the claims, or evidence present, someone could determine if it would proceed as a loser pays case?

Nothing would be worse than to have someone with a legitimate claim and limited resources to be squashed by a big company that simply out spent what he could muster in "adequate assets".
  • Reply 27 of 71
    Whitehead sounds like a pimple that needs to be popped
  • Reply 28 of 71
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    OH WOW! I had no idea Bush now lives in his library, Clinton too?
  • Reply 29 of 71
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,958member
    Get the net
  • Reply 30 of 71
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Not sure why you need to drag the lawyers into this. The guy filed it In Pro Per. In other words, by himself with no lawyers involved.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roos24 View Post

This is what you get when you have more lawyers in Michigan alone than in all of Japan...

• Reply 31 of 71
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    The problem isn't the guy filing the suit, or that the other side has to pay a lawyer. The problem is the system doesn't require a guy to provide any evidence of his allegation initially. That comes much later. Further, sometimes a case is so baseless on its face, but Judges don't dismiss the case when asked to early on.

I agree with your sentiment though. A loser pays system will result in many people who have been wronged not suing. People often have good cases, but lose nonetheless. Judges are people and multiple judges can rule different ways on the same issue.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tlevier View Post

Yeah, but that keeps the powerful in power and the weak in the mud. Maybe there could be a pretrial hearing to look at the allegations and based on the claims, or evidence present, someone could determine if it would proceed as a loser pays case?

Nothing would be worse than to have someone with a legitimate claim and limited resources to be squashed by a big company that simply out spent what he could muster in "adequate assets".

• Reply 32 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Whitehead also believes his original work "God vs. Satan" was stolen by Mel Gibson and Twentieth Century Fox for the film "The Passion of the Christ." And he says rapper Sean "P. Diddy" Combs's idea for the fragrance "I Am King" was taken from his original play entitled "Erykah Badu in Paris With Momma Voodoo."

• Reply 33 of 71
    mdcatmdcat Posts: 79member
    He (should have) amended his lawsuit to claim that he is a space alien and represents an advanced race (of which he obviously not an example) which secretly gave all that technology and those creative ideas to the defendants.

...who secretly return to their reptilian form at night when no one is looking
  • Reply 34 of 71
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    Beeble bloop! Bleeble blop! Beep beep!
  • Reply 35 of 71
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The wild accusations from David Louis Whitehead of Bossier, La., are included in a 99-page complaint filed this month in a U.S. District Court in the Western District of Arkansas.

Sounds like someone has been drinking the Hooch again.

This will dropped very quickly (unless he sent some of that hooch to the local judges) because it is highly unlikely that, assuming he can prove the prior creation date, he can prove the offenders had access to his work before creating theirs. And that proven access is a major part of copyright claims. Apple et al will file for dismissal due to said lack of proof and if that isn't granted they could always counter sue to scare the guy off
  • Reply 36 of 71
    maccherrymaccherry Posts: 924member
    This loser is beyond comprehension. I guess he'll find a reason to sue me for using the name maccherry.

maybe it came from one of his delusional plays.

"The day Godzilla farted in a field of maccherries".
  • Reply 37 of 71
    yuniverseyuniverse Posts: 115member
    All i need to say is that this guys is koo-koo.

Oh, i better watch myself, he might sue me as well.
  • Reply 38 of 71
    macrrmacrr Posts: 488member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

Frank Chu needs to step up his game if he wants to match this guy for courtroom hours.

I was with my cousin and sister at 111 minnna and Frank showed up. since we were deep into libations at this point we decided to take Frank with us into a cab to the fairmont hotel bar and get him drunk. he is one bizarre fellow. I even interviewed him on my iPhone.

I'm considering advertising my company on his picket sign.

good times
  • Reply 39 of 71
    nkalunkalu Posts: 315member
    Wow!

May God Bless America.

It can only happen here. How we so abuse our freedom.
  • Reply 40 of 71
    pit5000pit5000 Posts: 19member
    this would make a good movie, needs a sex scene though