Apple issues update for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Preview 2

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Any news on IPS panel developers with the ability to support up to 600 ppi panels so we can have our text scale up and down as our applications and OS request it?

no... so are we you saying we are not going to see anything resembling resolution independence in lion? because, and I agree, that's how it looks...
  • Reply 22 of 35
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Wow these Lion developers must be going through bandwidth like there's no tomorrow.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    xaoxao Posts: 30member
    I'm happy, finally fixed the one major bug I was having. When using Outlook 2011 and hitting reply, it would not show the reply txt of the e-mail. Killed my ability to use my laptop for work at home. I have other machines, so not a big deal, but it's nice to have that fixed and now I'm happily chugging along on my MBP again.

At first I hated the scrolling, but I seem to have adapted pretty well, with the wrong direction every once and a while now.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    ypmypm Posts: 2member
    Unfortunately, this last update broke my iCal, which was working perfectly fine before. The installation didn't go to well either, the completion bar was stuck at 10 seconds remaining for a full night, after which I decided to force shutdown with the power button. (Miraculously it did boot after doing so!)
  • Reply 25 of 35
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    You guys are better off than I am.

Preview 1 downloaded and installed correctly but 3 different redeem codes for Preview 2 have failed. They download without issue, the internal check says it’s fine for installation but at 15 to 13 minutes remaining it quits and says it’s missing some files.

If I Show Package Contents of the installer and verify the InstallESD.dmg it will fail. I have to wonder if there is something about my Intel X25 G2 that is doing something with Preview 2. Since this isn’t an issue with Preview 1 or SL I assume it’s an issue with Apple.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    gustavgustav Posts: 827member
    [QUOTE=n42;1848723]I'm doing it. Honestly isn't a really big deal. Since I store my entire home folder on Dropbox it's a simple process to revert to Snow Leopard./QUOTE]

What if Lion deleted the files in DropBox and the deletion synchronized to their server?
  • Reply 27 of 35
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gustav View Post

What if Lion deleted the files in DropBox and the deletion synchronized to their server?

Any deletions or changing made to files are non-destructive. You actually have to jump through a couple hoops tp permanently delete files.

For free accounts deletions and changes are saved for 30 days. If you pay for an account they are saved indefinitely.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    n42n42 Posts: 34member
    [QUOTE=Gustav;1849034]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by n42 View Post

I'm doing it. Honestly isn't a really big deal. Since I store my entire home folder on Dropbox it's a simple process to revert to Snow Leopard./QUOTE]

Then I'd login to Dropbox online and restore the deleted files

edit: That being said, this update has introduced more bugs than fixed, and I am now ready to switch back to Snow Leopard.. which will be a rather effortless process.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    jb510jb510 Posts: 129member
    For those running this in production how is application compatibility? Anyone running CS5 on it without issues? Office 2011 without issues? VM Ware Fusion with W7 and Linux clients? Xcode?

I installed it into a VM just to familiarize myself with it, but that's hardly a fair test of it and I'd need a lot more confidence with it before I installed with xcode as my primary OS. I am thinking about putting it on my testing server as dual boot though... maybe the next release...
  • Reply 30 of 35
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    How about the Finder remembering view settings for each folder, like it did before 10.5?
  • Reply 31 of 35
    I've been working with Lion now since the first seed and I can officially say, I really don't care for it... do others have any overall impressions? I am hoping that before the RC comes out apple will really slap some adjustments on this puppy because as of now, its a huge set back..... I'll be sticking with Leopard for now...

• Reply 32 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StangManDan View Post

I've been working with Lion now since the first seed and I can officially say, I really don't care for it...

Anything specific or do you just want your free developer build to work like a final release?

Quote:

as of now, its a huge set back

In what way?
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Anything specific or do you just want your free developer build to work like a final release?

In what way?

I do think your jumping on my words a bit strong here, as I said before, so far i'm not impressed but I'm hoping its going to come together in the RC, I hate the change of mouse functions in scrolling and the mail app so far is pure crap if i have to be BLUNT

There that should giving you something to really jump all over.........

My question was simply what were peoples impressions so far.......... lord...

oh yeah and if i remember it was not FREE, i paid to be in that program.......
  • Reply 34 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

I do think your jumping on my words a bit strong here, as I said before, so far i'm not impressed but I'm hoping its going to come together in the RC, I hate the change of mouse functions in scrolling

There's a tick box that fixes this in System Preferences.

Quote:

the mail app so far is pure crap

Again... in. what. way. "Crap" is meaningless.

Quote:

Good. At least you paid.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:

I do think your jumping on my words a bit strong here, as I said before, so far i'm not impressed but I'm hoping its going to come together in the RC, I hate the change of mouse functions in scrolling and the mail app so far is pure crap if i have to be BLUNT

There that should giving you something to really jump all over.........

My question was simply what were peoples impressions so far.......... lord...

If you're a long time developer...you should know these builds are not intended to demonstrate speed but to be sure your applications are compatible and don't break once the GM of the OS ships, also to leverage (and test) the new APIs that are available to developers.

But you're a developer, you should know these things, right?