Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first

Comments

• Reply 241 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elastic Reason View Post

Really? Why spend the millions of dollars in R&D if anyone can just copy it? IP and patents protect the competitive advantage of everyone. You would think differently the first time your work was ripped-off.

This is precisely the debate, and Apple clearly stole this design. There are plenty of unbiased sites pointing out that Samsung could not possibly have completed production within a month and both Samsung and Apple copied LG. I have Mac and PC and droid, and had an iPhone, I'm no fanboy. The facts just don't look good for Apple here.
  • Reply 242 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Yeah. Apple use in increasingly become common ( it was always normal - in the sense that normal people use Apple) then the Android hate Apple types become even more fanatical. I think it is psychological, not just are they generally angry shut-ins, but they tend to look at Apple users as the cool types who disliked them in school - something like that.

Its surprising, in many ways, that Android has gotten over the hurdles of it's initial supporters.

i think it the best comparison is one from the movie 'good will hunting'. you remember that pony tailed douchebag that got owned by will in the bar? that is the perfect mac user. he should be doing a new version of 'hello, i'm a mac'. no one really wants to be like that guy, everyone just hates him for his smug shallowness.
  • Reply 243 of 304
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reticon View Post

This is precisely the debate, and Apple clearly stole this design. There are plenty of unbiased sites pointing out that Samsung could not possibly have completed production within a month and both Samsung and Apple copied LG. I have Mac and PC and droid, and had an iPhone, I'm no fanboy. The facts just don't look good for Apple here.

A link to an unknown blog doesn't prove anything, especially when it doesn't show a good picture of the LG Prada that supposedly compares to an iPhone, those pictures are very tiny.
  • Reply 244 of 304
    gescomgescom Posts: 69member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Prada

I think Samsung and LG should shut Apple up once and for all. Apple's attitude is the problem (and Apple's sheep-like lobotomised brainwashed consumers) not their products.
  • Reply 245 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

I'm curious, did TV manufacturers sue each other for all using a giant screen that displayed images with a power, channel and volume buttons along the bottom?

Sir you are young!
  • Reply 246 of 304
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 247 of 304
    see flatsee flat Posts: 145member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

Yeah.. typical Apple bullshit.. when you start revealing garbage about Apple or stuff doesn't work.. don't get upset..it's only electronics.. it's not important..

IT IS IMPORTANT because our lives are increasingly depending on technology and money we spend goes somewhere.. Of course it's important.

No I"m not a kid..

My facts are not skewed.. they are truth...

I'm not upset at all.. I'm actually very calm.. I just really dislike the BS coming from Apple and PR shills and so on trying to defend them.

Other than that..I'm fine thanks. I would say Apple fans are mad and upset because Apple stuff and market-share are going back to insignificance just like it did with desktops and WIndows.

Ok, you're not a kid. Not upset? Your are so frustrated that it's sad. The tones of your messages have veins popping out of your head. It's obvious, as in other posts where you are calmly discussing google, or for some insane reason you agree with an Apple's perspective, your tone changes completely.

Your facts... is an opinionated interpretation. Many people, who have worked with Jobs and Apple dont agree. History books are also written this way. Depends on the author as to what happened and for what reason. None of it real or factual. Just someone's view of the events.

Apple market share: "Apple stuff and market-share are going back to insignificance"

That is not a fact. That is a prediction. Time will tell.

TECHNOLOGY: " IT IS IMPORTANT because our lives are increasingly depending on technology and money we spend goes somewhere.. Of course it's important."

WRONG. Eating, drinking, sleeping and making other human beings happy. That is important. The rest is a distraction. I also enjoys these distractions. Got my first computer in 1985.But it's not important, and certainly not worth getting so upset about.

Time to move on.

Cheers
  • Reply 248 of 304
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jnjnjnjn View Post

The point is we're speaking of the exception of the 'rule': Apple. It important to defend good ideas and stand behind them, otherwise we end-up with 25 years of Microsoft dominance or nazi-Duitsland.

J.

Defend a good idea by buying a product you want. This does not mean you blindly support a company? "otherwise we end-up with 25 years of Microsoft dominance or nazi-Duitsland.? See what I did there.
  • Reply 249 of 304
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    The point of patent/trademark/copyright protection is enforcement. If Apple did not sue infringers vigorously, they would lose their right to do so in the future, and relieve themselves of the need to file/acquire them in the first place. That's how it works. No greed, just capitalism at work.

The Prada phone was mess, and derivative of the Treo, which was derivative of Palm OS which was derivative of the Newton OS. It all comes back home.

This one will be big. Any ruling on the software front in Apple's favor will send ripples through the smartphone industry.
  • Reply 250 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? Stop posting shit and answer the question.

Hey Android central doesn't troll for apple fanboi's! There aren't any apple articles! But you couldn't be assed to check that site out for 1 minute to come to that conclusion!

Oh yeah, i can be bothered to check that out because i am trying out an android phone myself. And every time I pick up a review of any brand of android phone, the atrix for particular, there are people putting on a balance with the iPhone 4 about how it crushes the iPhone in so many respects that i don't see to be reasonable.

Every once in a while, folks who actually have experience with the iphone care to defend what is right and what is justice. Guess what there is droid team ready and armed jumping at those poor folks and diss all inconceivable things at them too.
  • Reply 251 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

So according to Digler, Apple ripped off LG.

Digler's excellent research demonstrates that even an AI lackey has no trouble finding sufficient prior art to invalidate Apple's design suit.

Good going, Dan.

Despite the countless times it?s been pointed out his name is Dilger you keep writing Digler. Is this some psychological block or are you so immature that you are choosing not to spell it correctly? Maybe you should try for a clever misspelling of his name next time, then you might get a laugh.
  • Reply 252 of 304
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Here's a drawing of DED browsing the Android forums...

• Reply 253 of 304
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    There's plenty of intentionally unflattering "misspellings" all thru the forums directed at both Apple and Android comments. Personally they all seem immature.

Name-calling? Really?

But I'm surprised you're still bothering to reply to any of them Solipsism. You're much more tuned in and knowledgeable than the juvenile posters that jumped in overnight. A few kids fighting is all it amounts to.
  • Reply 254 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

But I'm surprised you're still bothering to reply to any of them Solipsism.

I?m optimistic.
  • Reply 255 of 304
    satcomersatcomer Posts: 130member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuwafuwa View Post

Droidtards might understand after a long explanation, but Droidouches like AndroidDomination are just stubborn autistic teens.

We should not just reply to this troll AndroidDomination. He will not be here after this thread and is to dumb to defend an Android manufacture that doesn't even update their Android updates unlike other Android manufactures. Samsung just tells users to buy a new version of their phone to get the update.

So AndroidDomination is just a stupid troll that is looking for attention.
  • Reply 256 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Here's a drawing of DED browsing the Android forums...

poor guy, like this he's never going to get some sleep anytime soon.
  • Reply 257 of 304
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroidDomination

LOL..Apple fanboys and PR shills are strong at it..

First of all.. Samsung F700 was mentioned and announced in second half of 2006. The phone was already designed and developed as it was Samsung's flagship product and has been in R&D for a while before iPhone was revealed..

So to say that just because F700 was shown a month after iPhone proves nothing but that Apple and Steve Jobs rushed iPhone announcement out to make sure it was shown before F700 because it looked very similar in designed.. More polished but similar. F700 was released before iPhone in the non-US and non-European markets and then came to Europe in November again close or before iPhone.

Now, let's address how Apple does these things and gets away with it..

Well it's easy.. Steve Jobs has this perfected from the Xerox days.. he goes and "partners" with companies like Samsung, Motorola and others and asks them to make a phone to connect to iTunes so Apple ecosystem will work with them (aka ROKR).. in this partnership, just like he did with Xerox and Creative Labs prior to the rip of design and technology behind original iPod, he gets access/gets shown to the latest designs and ideas of the products to be released by these companies in a good will that the companies will work together..

He then, goes back to his office and has his army of slaves who he yells at and molests to make him a super high polished version/copy of the same product but with a bit of an Apple gloss.

Naturally, he can afford doing that because he basically stole the whole concept and R&D time and money that some of these companies invested and just stole ideas. This allows him to really considerably cut down on the time it takes to release a product.

This is standard operating procedure for Apple.. Steve Jobs is master at it and he has been doing forever.. and he doesn't really hide it... he admits it himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

But then again.. this is not the first thing they stole.. whole new line up of Apple's design is stolen from Dieter Rams. Almost every piece of modern Apple design is a straight rip from Dieter's concepts.

http://gizmodo.com/#!343641/1960s-br...-apples-future

Here's a tip Apple shillboys.. when you are trying to accuse someone of stealing ideas.. make sure that you are not the worst rip off artists in the room.

What are we talking about here.. Steve Jobs is a criminal.. he has been sued for stock fraud for Christ sake... He's not only a thief in design sense but in a traditional sense as well.

You, sir, simply don't get it. All companies take inspiration from other products, from different categories of products, even from nature itself. Inspiration does not equal theft. Does Apple take design ideas from other companies? Of course they do. Everyone and every company on Earth does that in almost any medium. What Apple does is take that idea and design a sleek hardware product, couple it with the best software around, and add it's iconic brand name. This product becomes enormously successful. In turn, other companies copy the product.

You simply cannot compare the wholesale copying of Apple's products to how Apple got the idea for these products to begin with. It's absurd. Apple buys technology companies all the time. It partners with them. Then it does what apparently only Apple can do: They turn those ideas into the actual functioning product.

Anyone who looks at the history realizes there is no argument here. Samsung and others have blatantly copied the look and feel of Apple's products. Look at the comparisons and release dates. It's cut and dried.
  • Reply 258 of 304
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I?m optimistic.

Or maybe a glutton for punishment.

This is better than a debate about politics.....and just as passionate!
  • Reply 259 of 304
    ulfoafulfoaf Posts: 175member
    Google invented the icon? The touchscreen? Neither was new in 2007, but it is pretty clear a LOT of phones suddenly started looking like the iPhone layout, larger touch screen, one button, icons looking like Apple's.
  • Reply 260 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Actually, that's exactly what infringement is, theft of intellectual property.

You can't... oh **** it you can't comprehend it anyhow.