Apple restricts employee time off in May as retail's 10th anniversary approaches

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    kerrynkerryn Posts: 87member
    How about 10% of everything to celebrate 10 years?
  • Reply 22 of 37
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by b1937 View Post

It's a white iTOUCH!

With Job's picture on the back.

what's an itouch?
  • Reply 23 of 37
    elliots11elliots11 Posts: 290member
    Probably a sale.

But if they're taking requests...

If you've bought any Apple product at a retail store ever, you get a free limited edition gold octo-core macbook pro or carbon fiber 32 core mac pro, and both come with 32gb of ram and a 1TB SSD. Plus they can go ahead and release Lion and iPhone 5, and if you buy either you get a free iPad 2 signed by Ive. And hey, throw in a surprise Mac Mini/Apple TV hybrid since I'm feeling generous with Apple's money.

If it's not asking too much
  • Reply 24 of 37
    Maybe the long-awaited release of the iCar?
  • Reply 25 of 37
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    Quarterly Earnings call just made mention that 1 billionth customer will be walking into an Apple Store near you in May. That's a milestone for ya. But can't see why that would occasion no time off for all staff.
  • Reply 26 of 37
    Or Apple HDTV
  • Reply 27 of 37
    screw that i have vacation coming up, im taking it.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

Might not be the 5 but a 4.5 instead. Updated spec to keep it fresh and ahead of the competition.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least. Good call. 4s? 4x?
  • Reply 29 of 37
    delanydelany Posts: 51member
    Are Apple retail employees ever allowed to take vacation? They weren't allowed to take it in March, either.
  • Reply 30 of 37
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

Numerous reports suggested the iPad 2 would be delayed until Sept just days before Apple launched it in March, so anything is possible.

True. Although I am more inclined to think new iMacs, a new MobileMe, maybe new iWork than the iPhone

Maybe even a bumped up release of the new Final Cut (and perhaps Logic)
  • Reply 31 of 37
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filmantopia View Post

It's the other way around. When Netflix decides to seriously expand its instant play library, the DVD will be dead.

I literally just finished watching a movie streamed from Netflix and the quality still leaves something to be desired (and I get 20-30Mbps down).

Oh, and just to get back on topic, I've got my fingers crossed for new iMacs.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    The headless Mac we've all been clamoring for!

*runs away*
  • Reply 33 of 37
    I'm picking either an iPhone Air or Apple TV (with screen).

Or maybe a trade-in program - bring in your windows box and get a big discount on an iMac. All those traded in windows boxes get sent to the third world as free hackintoshes. /sarcasm
  • Reply 34 of 37
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member
    Maybe it will be iPhone 5? So it's not coming in June. But why does it have to be later than June? Could be earlier!
  • Reply 35 of 37
    I believe it will be a device that has something to do with the CLOUD!

IT'S THE CLOUD!
  • Reply 36 of 37
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filmantopia View Post

It's the other way around. When Netflix decides to seriously expand its instant play library, the DVD will be dead.

En? Netflix decided many years ago to expand it's streaming election. It has the money and wants to buy streaming rights to absolutely everything. The problem is that the copyright holders don't want to license streaming rights to Netflix. They're afraid of the new business model and are dragging their feet.

This is really what's holding back streaming hardware sales. Apple realizes this and it is probably why the atv has been considered a hobby. It will remain so until reasonable prices are negotiated for online streaming.

If apple is going to have a special event to promote or launch an atv product, it will only be when there is sufficient content available at a reasonable price.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,109member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

what's an itouch?

It's a Logitech keyboard that was discontinued in 2008.