Steve Jobs speaks out on iOS location issue: Apple isn't tracking anyone

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

The bug was not discovered by Apple.

It is very possible Apple knew of this bug ages ago. It is not a malicious bug and as such I am sure a very low level until now with all the media hype. I am sure Apple also knows about many other low level bugs but like everybody else they don't publish a list of all bugs they discover.
  • Reply 62 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Get well soon Steve!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkalu View Post

Yap! Tell them Steve.

I wish you a quick recovery.

Whats with all the personal get well wishes? Like Steve Jobs gives a $hit about you and what you say here. Friggin Steve Job Groupies. iGag!
  • Reply 63 of 74
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,598member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Interesting interview. Worth the read?
    » A bunch of folks on the regulatory side, both in the U.S. and elsewhere, said they are going to look into this. Do you guys plan on testifying before Congress? How active do you personally and does Apple want to be?

Jobs: I think Apple will be testifying. They have asked us to come and we will honor their request, of course. I think it is great that they are investigating this and I think it will be interesting to see how agressive or lazy the press is on this in terms of investigating the rest of the participants in the industry and finding out what they do. Some of them don?t do what we do. That?s for sure.

» Steve, how active have you been in examining this issue over the past couple of weeks?

Jobs: It hasn?t been a couple of weeks. This all started last Wednesday and we put out our response this morning. It took us slightly less than a week. Scott and Phil and I have worked together over this last week, first to investigate the problem.

We?re an engineering-driven company. When people accuse us of things, the first thing we want to do is find out the truth. That took a certain amount of time to track all of these things down. And the accusations were coming day by day. By the time we had figured this all out, it took a few days. Then writing it up and trying to make it intelligible when this is a very high-tech topic took a few days. And here we are less than a week later.

You might be interested in this article:

http://www.electronista.com/articles...orse.than.ios/
  • Reply 64 of 74
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Did anyone see the latest South Park (s15e01)? It covered the Apple tracking issue and was bitingly cruel to Apple. Not very funny actually just gross and mean.
  • Reply 65 of 74
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

You might be interested in this article:

http://www.electronista.com/articles...orse.than.ios/

It?s not surprising in the least.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Did anyone see the latest South Park (s15e01)? It covered the Apple tracking issue and was bitingly cruel to Apple. Not very funny actually just gross and mean.

I loved it. They lampooned Apple, but they also lampooned Kyle?s Dad for not owning a Mac, who finally became ?part of the future?. They made fun of the iPad but then slammed Toshiba as being a crappy copycat. They even Steve Jobs in good health and spirit, if not diabolical.
  • Reply 66 of 74
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,563member
    Don't you have something else to do tonight? I'm sure there's some homework due tomorrow.

No everyone here agrees with everyone else. But most of us try to add to the discussion rather than waste time calling names and nothing else.
  • Reply 67 of 74
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

I loved it. They lampooned Apple, but they also lampooned Kyle?s Dad for not owning a Mac, who finally became ?part of the future?. They made fun of the iPad but then slammed Toshiba as being a crappy copycat. They even Steve Jobs in good health and spirit, if not diabolical.

I guess it is good that they showed Steve in good health, that didn't occur to me. But I didn't like the way they took Apple's key idea of integrating humans and technology and make a centipad out of it. But I did like the recurring joke about how everyone read the iTunes agreement except Kyle.
  • Reply 68 of 74
    Quote:

I guess it is good that they showed Steve in good health, that didn't occur to me. But I didn't like the way they took Apple's key idea of integrating humans and technology and make a centipad out of it. But I did like the recurring joke about how everyone read the iTunes agreement except Kyle.

I've never found South Park to be funny, except in the soporific way of college students, mostly male. But then, they seem to think that fart jokes are high humor as well. There are some people who feel so small in their own lives that what they find to be funny is the putting down, in the most crude manner, those who are successful.

I find the show to be a sad reflection of small minds, and the lack of culture.
  • Reply 69 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by evaluate View Post

Jobs said that others(the manufacturer such like Sumsung, HTC ) did track consumers? how does it come out? i am not really agree what the jobs said,though he is a very person in the IT field.

All cell phone manufacturers and providers track their customers to a certain degree. That degree is where they differ.
  • Reply 70 of 74
    Quote:

I've never found South Park to be funny, except in the soporific way of college students, mostly male. But then, they seem to think that fart jokes are high humor as well. There are some people who feel so small in their own lives that what they find to be funny is the putting down, in the most crude manner, those who are successful.

I find the show to be a sad reflection of small minds, and the lack of culture.

That?s like saying Macs are overpriced and less useful than ?PCs?.
    In commentary by Matt Stone and Trey Parker during the first episode in which Terrance and Phillip appeared, they complained of many people claiming that South Park was poorly animated and just all fart jokes. In response the creators invented Terrance and Phillip to demonstrate just what a show that was indeed all fart jokes would be, and made it even more poorly animated.
    The show is story driven, well thought out and usually very clever. I don?t think anyone matches their satire and use of current events.
  • Reply 71 of 74
    Quote:

That?s like saying Macs are overpriced and less useful than ?PCs?.
    In commentary by Matt Stone and Trey Parker during the first episode in which Terrance and Phillip appeared, they complained of many people claiming that South Park was poorly animated and just all fart jokes. In response the creators invented Terrance and Phillip to demonstrate just what a show that was indeed all fart jokes would be, and made it even more poorly animated.
    The show is story driven, well thought out and usually very clever. I don?t think anyone matches their satire and use of current events.

The show is crap.
  • Reply 72 of 74
    Quote:

The show is crap.

So it’s not that you don’t like it it’s that no one with any taste, sense or self esteem should find it funny? There are plenty of shows I don’t care for but I think they are well written, they just aren’t entertaining to me.

PS: I guess there is no point in asking if you’ve seen The Book of Mormon.
  • Reply 73 of 74
    connectorconnector Posts: 44member
    Quote:

Probably the most boring episode ever! It's sad to see my friend South Park slowly dying. They don't even try anymore.
  • Reply 74 of 74
    Quote:

So it?s not that you don?t like it it?s that no one with any taste, sense or self esteem should find it funny? There are plenty of shows I don?t care for but I think they are well written, they just aren?t entertaining to me.

PS: I guess there is no point in asking if you?ve seen The Book of Mormon.

It often doesn't matter whether people like something or not. Crap is still crap. Who was it that said that 90% of everything is crap? Heinline or Clark? Whatever. Popular never means "good". Sometimes it is good, but much more often, it doesn't. This is one of those times where it doesn't.

No, I haven't seen that.