Briefly: White iPhone 4 0.2mm thicker, Samsung profit drops, Logitech Google TV

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 43
    djgdjg Posts: 7member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post


    Google will copy Apple and Android will be able to AirPlay to GoogleTV soon. You heard it here first.



    Actually you can do this with Logitech Revue today from an Android phone (there a share button in Androidn and Logitech's Revue app on your phone is something you can share with and the content appears on your TV (even when someone else is happily enjoying CSI).
  • Reply 22 of 43
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by complicity View Post


    Is the white iPad 2 thicker than the black iPad 2?



    Good question. I don?t think so we have to assume there is something fundamentally different between the processes. The UV coating, which may not be needed on the iPad 2 with the way the components are laid out?





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post


    "White iPhone 4 is 0.2mm thicker"



    Why yes, this stuff DOES all sound pretty silly sometimes.



    Isn?t black slimming? Maybe it?s all an illusion.





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Garamond View Post


    The design/functionality is also changed, just look at the top of the phone, frontside. There's an extra hole above the mic.



    It?s the proximity sensor to turn off the display and touch panel when you place it up to your ear on a call. It?s in the same location on the black iPhone, it?s just that you can?t see the space behind the glass as easily on that model.
  • Reply 23 of 43
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djg View Post


    Actually you can do this with Logitech Revue today from an Android phone (there a share button in Androidn and Logitech's Revue app on your phone is something you can share with and the content appears on your TV (even when someone else is happily enjoying CSI).



    Can the phone stream YouTube to Revue?
  • Reply 24 of 43
    rhyderhyde Posts: 294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by complicity View Post


    Is the white iPad 2 thicker than the black iPad 2?



    Probably a light leakage issue.
  • Reply 25 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post


    Google will copy Apple and Android will be able to AirPlay to GoogleTV soon. You heard it here first.



    Maybe this is why they are delaying making AirPlay a full open standard, so as to hold Google at bay for a while. It's not like they have a competing product with Google TV.
  • Reply 26 of 43
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post




    "Logitech is currently meeting the inventory needs of its retail customers,




    Pretty easy to meet 'zero'.
  • Reply 27 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by complicity View Post


    How much heavier is the thicker white iPhone? (this probably varies across Verizon/3G models...)



    From the photo, the extra thickness appears to be in the glass. That would definitely affect the weight.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    mennomenno Posts: 854member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post


    Maybe this is why they are delaying making AirPlay a full open standard, so as to hold Google at bay for a while. It's not like they have a competing product with Google TV.



    The revue supports DLNA.
  • Reply 29 of 43
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Menno View Post


    The revue supports DLNA.



    DLNA is clunky.
  • Reply 30 of 43
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,664member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Menno View Post


    The revue supports DLNA.



    As Prof. Peabody says, not a a competing product.
  • Reply 31 of 43
    zroger73zroger73 Posts: 782member
    0.2mm, huh? A typical sheet of 20 lb. "copy paper" is 0.004" or 0.1016mm. So, the white iPhone 4 is TWO SHEETS OF PAPER thicker than the black iPhone 4. Better alert the church elders!
  • Reply 32 of 43
    It seems like Apple's competition all have great hopes for dollars, where Apple has great passion for making rock solid products. I think the outcome of both approaches is apparent.
  • Reply 33 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post


    Can the phone stream YouTube to Revue?



    Kind of silly to stream YouTube to your phone and then to the Revue when you could just watch it direct on the Revue.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacQuest View Post


    That's just the beginning of the pain Apple's about to rain on Samsung.



    Google TV? Not even worth mentioning, but definitely worth a



    Do you think Samsung's ONLY product is their phone? Hello!!! They sell HDTV sets, home appliances like dishwashers, dryers, refrigerators, ranges and you think that Apple contributed to their drop in profit? Their mobile phone market is a tiny fraction of their business!
  • Reply 35 of 43
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phoebetech View Post


    you're really dumb...i mean, do you think Samsung's ONLY product is their phone? Hello!!! They sell HDTV sets, home appliances like dishwashers, dryers, refrigerators, ranges and you think that Apple contributed to their drop in profit? DUMB! Their mobile phone market is a tiny fraction of their business!



    You're name calling is totally inappropriate and uncalled for. A simple reminder of the scope of Samsung products would have sufficed.
  • Reply 36 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post


    0.2mm, huh? A typical sheet of 20 lb. "copy paper" is 0.004" or 0.1016mm. So, the white iPhone 4 is TWO SHEETS OF PAPER thicker than the black iPhone 4. Better alert the church elders!



    Done! The elders know.
  • Reply 37 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by caliminius View Post


    Kind of silly to stream YouTube to your phone and then to the Revue when you could just watch it direct on the Revue.





    I do just that for Youtube on my iPad. I send it to my ATV through ATV. The reason is, it's easier to type on the iPad. Using the Remote to enter letters is a PITA.
  • Reply 38 of 43
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by caliminius View Post


    Kind of silly to stream YouTube to your phone and then to the Revue when you could just watch it direct on the Revue.



    Not at all. Browsing anything on big screen TV can be clumsy. It's just an example anyway. Kind of curious this "share" button would function like AirPlay. I take your answer as a "no" then.
  • Reply 39 of 43
    That difference looks like light reflected on white surface and bad focus. I haven't seen one clear shot photo to prove it even exist. \
  • Reply 40 of 43
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post


    samsung made their android fans mad. earlier in the year or last year they shipped a phone with 2.1 and promised a 2.2 upgrade. months went by with no upgrade. turned out they made some big customizations to the software that made upgrading to 2.2 very hard. needless to say most people buying android want HTC or Motorola and prefer Verizon



    It's not Samsung who made the customizations for the carriers. It's the carriers who made the customization from the Galaxy S world phone.



    Now that the Galaxy S made a name for itself in the market place, the customization would be at a lower level than before.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacQuest View Post


    That's just the beginning of the pain Apple's about to rain on Samsung.



    Google TV? Not even worth mentioning, but definitely worth a



    I'm afraid Samsung isnt done with Apple just yet. They are probably looking through out their vast patent base to dig up even more patent infringments by Apple.



    Samsung is the worlds 2nd largest holder of patents after IBM. Apple isnt even on the top 10 list.
Sign In or Register to comment.