Wot No iPads?????......

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Hi first time poster here,

Apple user since the first classic B+W screen, does anyone remember them, it was a long time ago.

I am sorry I have to ask this stupid question but, Have Apple any stock of iPads in England???

I have been trying to purchase a Black 16 gig wifi iPad since release, but without any luck.

1. Two weeks after release, Visit Apple store Covent Garden (London) don't expect much! "Sorry not a chance try in a couple of weeks time."

2. Ring Apple store Brighton. Told that they have stock and will have more for the weekend. Visit store Saturday morning, no sorry sold out. "We have had very little stock."

3. Visit Apple Cambridge store bank holiday Saturday. "Sorry sir we took delivery of One! yes One! from Apple yesterday (Friday!)"

4. Rang Apple Regents Street (London) yesterday (Tuesday) "sorry sir no stock and we have no idea when we will receive any.

5. Ring the Online Apple store and I am told that if I wish too order one it will hopefully be 1-2 weeks before it is despatched and a further 10 days! (working days) before delivery, so One month really!

I really thought Apple were finally on top of their game, but it seems that is not true. Maybe they are keeping stock low as there maybe an iPad 3 on the way! Ummm!

Apparently there is a world recession and no one has any money. Companies are going into administration every day and people are made unemployed.

So what gives Apple? Can't you switch manufacturing to England or the U.S.A. if the far east can't keep up with demand. Obviously not!

Apple I have the money to buy a product burning a hole in my pocket and you ain't got any, how can you run a company that way and still be the biggest thing on this earth.

Steve you need to kick someone's A__s mate or you will lose a loyal user of over 20 years.

Something is so wrong!

Rant Over! but still no iPad!!!!!......

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nudgenudgewinkwink View Post

Maybe they are keeping stock low as there maybe an iPad 3 on the way!

And maybe components are constrained by one of the largest earthquakes in recorded history...

Quote:

Can't you switch manufacturing to England or the U.S.A. if the far east can't keep up with demand. Obviously not!

Would you pay three times as much for the same product? Obviously not.

Quote:

Apple I have the money to buy a product burning a hole in my pocket and you ain't got any, how can you run a company that way and still be the biggest thing on this earth.

You're joking, right? You're not asking this seriously.

Quote:

you will lose a loyal user of over 20 years.

What are you going to do? Buy an Android tablet? Good luck with that!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    jbpdxjbpdx Posts: 6member
    There aren't many in the US either, despite what Apple said last week that supply was catching up with demand. Check out discussions.apple.com to hear all the horror stories of people waiting for theirs from Fedex/UPS (ordered through Apple online store) or check this website that shows inventory (or lack thereof) at US retailers:

http://ooschecker.com
  • Reply 3 of 8
    zachb10zachb10 Posts: 59member
    So why don't you buy one online so it can be delivered to your door? If it will be weeks before a store has one just get yourself in the queue like everyone else.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    alienzedalienzed Posts: 393member
    order one online.. the estimated times are always exaggerated...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    jbpdxjbpdx Posts: 6member
    i've decided i can live without an ipad. and no, supply is still not meeting demand...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Cheerio, my tea drinking friend across the pond. Just have a fag and relax.

Almost all of your assumptions are completely wrong. People do have money to spend and people are buying lots of iPads. There is a huge demand for them.

In short, if you would like a good outcome to your present predicament, then just order one online! You do have a mailbox, do you not? Problem solved. You'll get it in a matter of weeks. If you can't wait, then go buy a Xoom, I hear that they're awesome!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Well my lovely friends from around the globe.

Ipad2 purchased!

Seems the best thing to do is, pop into you local branch of Tesco (UK's answer to Walmart for all of you over the water) and Bingo! Unfortunately Apple still have no stock, so ho hum, It's still a win, win situation for them as they still get my money.

I am a little Surprised about the response from some people, seems like Tallest Skil just did not get my post! still never mind, a sense of humour is what is required in this world today

I am very happy my purchase and the pad is so much more than I expected, so the wait was worth it in the end.

But my original thought is still the same, why put so many people through the disappointment after such great expectation.

Just off for a cup of Tea and a Cucumber sandwich to watch the Royal Wedding again, you know, we Brits don't have Apple, but when it comes down to putting on an event, we certainly make Blockbusters!

Have a nice day!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Enjoy! It is magical how all the agony and pain and frustration goes away once you have it right in front of you and you start tapping away.

Apple - best products when everything works fine. Excruciating when there are niggles.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nudgenudgewinkwink View Post

Well my lovely friends from around the globe.

Ipad2 purchased!

Seems the best thing to do is, pop into you local branch of Tesco (UK's answer to Walmart for all of you over the water) and Bingo! Unfortunately Apple still have no stock, so ho hum, It's still a win, win situation for them as they still get my money.

I am a little Surprised about the response from some people, seems like Tallest Skil just did not get my post! still never mind, a sense of humour is what is required in this world today

I am very happy my purchase and the pad is so much more than I expected, so the wait was worth it in the end.

But my original thought is still the same, why put so many people through the disappointment after such great expectation.

Just off for a cup of Tea and a Cucumber sandwich to watch the Royal Wedding again, you know, we Brits don't have Apple, but when it comes down to putting on an event, we certainly make Blockbusters!

Have a nice day!