Apple execs focused on software driven product cycle, says analyst

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    ecphorizerecphorizer Posts: 533member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xsu View Post

They will stop with the thinner, lighter bit when iPad is a single sheet of paper.

Oh no. Think "The Minority Report." An iPad that crystalizes air molecules as you need them, where your data are projected onto the temporary monomolecular surface, where your hands reach in and use gestures to move things around, enlarge, shrink, edit, etc. When you're finished it just collapses while your data are saved somewhere in the so-called cloud. All in HD and 3D. No need to worry about glass or matte. No ports necessary. Powered by the friction of your hands moving through the air.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Instead of an all-glass store, it will be all-ice! Wicked.

"We developed a special grade of ice that is both remarkably strong, unbelievably thin, and can withstand temperatures of up to 30degF above freezing point, ensuring an unbelievable experience for our Antarctic customers." -Jonathan Ives

"Gorilla Ice"!
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thenewperson View Post

Oh please. Everyone knows they'll make it thinner than invisible.

It will simply be ingested at birth and grow with the person in the 'unused' parts of the brain.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

"Gorilla Ice"!

WIth some people complaining because Apple isn?t using Museum Ice.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ecphorizer View Post

Oh no. Think "The Minority Report." An iPad that crystalizes air molecules as you need them, where your data are projected onto the temporary monomolecular surface, where your hands reach in and use gestures to move things around, enlarge, shrink, edit, etc. When you're finished it just collapses while your data are saved somewhere in the so-called cloud. All in HD and 3D. No need to worry about glass or matte. No ports necessary. Powered by the friction of your hands moving through the air.

I like where you're going with this... let's get a mock-up going.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    aiaaia Posts: 181member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

It's blindingly obvious that by 2015 the middle and upper class of China, India, Greater China and South East Asia will thoroughly eclipse the potential of US sales. Like Apple says, it's trying to figure out the best way of approaching this starting from China. There are a lot of hoops to jump through because Asia is actually quite diverse very unlike obviously the US and the EU.

Actually, I think it will happen sooner. But you are right. I think a lot of folks are underestimating the potential in asia.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I like where you're going with this... let's get a mock-up going.

I wish Ireland would present us with more mockups.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIA View Post

Actually, I think it will happen sooner. But you are right. I think a lot of folks are underestimating the potential in asia.

1. Never match wits with a Sicilian when death is on the line.

2. Always bet on black.

3. Never underestimating Asia?s potential.

• Reply 29 of 32
    hiker275hiker275 Posts: 53member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ecphorizer View Post

Oh puh-leeze. Dream on. That is so far off in the future.... maybe by 2015, but probably more like 2020.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hiker275 View Post

Oh puh-leeze. Dream on. That is so far off in the future.... maybe by 2015, but probably more like 2020.

One can be optimistic, you know! I keep thinking, "I should live so long," and at 69, I just might make it.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    winterspanwinterspan Posts: 605member
    "major feature updates in iOS 5... are expected to drive sales."

1) If all existing owners of the current-gen device (iPhone4) receive the software update, how would it drive new sales (for current owners) ?

2) For those without an iPhone, I don't think a new OS release combined with old hardware will drive new sales --- particularly hardware that is 12+ months old. Anyone in their right mind would wait for the fall iPhone 5 release instead of buying iPhone 4 in July.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by winterspan View Post

"major feature updates in iOS 5... are expected to drive sales."

1) If all existing owners of the current-gen device (iPhone4) receive the software update, how would it drive new sales (for current owners) ?

2) For those without an iPhone, I don't think a new OS release combined with old hardware will drive new sales --- particularly hardware that is 12+ months old. Anyone in their right mind would wait for the fall iPhone 5 release instead of buying iPhone 4 in July.

Oh, come on! Don't destroy our fantasies with facts!

Seriously, your point is very well taken. It's good to see someone read between the lines.