My first song, made on iPad, live on iTunes!

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I'm a longtime reader here, but new to posting.

I recently was able to turn a hobby into a potential amateur music career using an iPad!

I'm a huge fan of Apple stuff, and I have always had dreams of releasing my own music.

I was playing around with GarageBand, learning how to use it, by recreating a Daft Punk song from the Tron:Legacy soundtrack that I really enjoy. The song turned out pretty good imo, then I decided why not release it on iTunes?

So I did some research and figured out how to do that and I did it!

I would like to post a free version of the song to go along with this story so here it is.

http://www.tunecore.com/widgets/show/63575

Feel free to check it out and provide some feedback. It's live on iTunes right now.

This was a project and a learning experience. This song was created 100% from scratch. I did't use any of the original material, and it was done with only an iPad and the GarageBand app. Nothing else.

I know it's not the first (Gorillaz holds that record) but I believe it says a lot about what a person can do with the iPad.

Another note, I do have the licensing deal pending with Disney so legally everything is covered. Should the song sell, I pay royalties, etc.

Last, if you are into this kind of music or liked the movie get the original soundtrack by Daft Punk and the remix album. They are both stellar.

Thanks!

p.s. This experience has taught me a lot about and I will be releasing my own original music in the future.

I made an iMix here pairing my version with the original

http://itun.es/i6n93j

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Can you share the process of getting your tracks on iTunes? I thought you'd have to jump through a lot of hoops to sell on iTunes?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    msavwahmsavwah Posts: 5member
    It was really easy, I used www.tunecore.com

Theres another like it called cdbaby I think.

I posted this in another thread somewhere and there was a guy that read it asking me the same thing. He released his first album a few days later.

It's pretty sweet.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msavwah View Post

It was really easy, I used www.tunecore.com

Theres another like it called cdbaby I think.

I posted this in another thread somewhere and there was a guy that read it asking me the same thing. He released his first album a few days later.

It's pretty sweet.

Cool thanks... How's sales?