Going to the moon

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>

wow, that was almost one big sentence. im impressed...

my point was that his question was valid. but yer "opinion" was thrown in just to create controversy. maybe thats really what u believe, but i still find it amusing. </strong><hr></blockquote>

and who are you that are so wise in the ways of science?...sorry counldn't resit.

[ 07-01-2002: Message edited by: running with scissors ]

[ 07-01-2002: Message edited by: running with scissors ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 31
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member

<strong>

u "didnt know"

hence my use of the word "ignorance"</strong><hr></blockquote>

I suppose I'll give you that point, but I'm just a southern boy, I'm used to things being put more delicately. Ignorant is a notch below "****ing stupid" where I come from.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    [quote]Originally posted by running with scissors:

<strong>

and who are you that are so wise in the ways of science?...sorry counldn't resit.

[ 07-01-2002: Message edited by: running with scissors ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

well...i wouldnt want to intimidate anyone...
  • Reply 24 of 31
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    [quote]Originally posted by Stroszek:

<strong>

I suppose I'll give you that point, but I'm just a southern boy, I'm used to things being put more delicately. Ignorant is a notch below "****ing stupid" where I come from. </strong><hr></blockquote>

where u from?
  • Reply 25 of 31
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    If I remember correctly, the Russian N1 moon rocket was absolutely insane. A word to describe it is "Gi-normous." It could probably put rhode island into orbit, had it not been plagued with guidance problems, which eventually were enough to end the project and send the disassembled rockets to a remanufactured life in school playgrounds around star city.

I am 100% serious about that playground thing. N1 rockets make good jungle-gyms.
  • Reply 26 of 31

<strong>

where u from?</strong><hr></blockquote>

NC

<strong>I am 100% serious about that playground thing. N1 rockets make good jungle-gyms.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

They are fun, so the kids love them, and the teachers can threaten to send the bad kids to the moon in the jungle gym, so they improve behavior to make the teachers happy. Plus, the Rhode Islanders don't have to worry about being kidnapped and taken to the moon, so they are happy too. Wow! I didn't know that the Soviets were such nice people.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member

.ig?no?rance (&lt;=g2núr-úns) n. 1. The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

• Reply 28 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by Stroszek:

.. I was educated by crazies. My 8th grade science teacher swore up and down that Neil Armstrong wasn't the first man on the moon, that someone else was there to film it. ..<hr></blockquote>

Clever teacher.

Ever watch these crazy people on tv doing wacky things, like say climbing El Capitan barehanded wearing Speedos. And yet... there's someone filming them all the way. So there's a camera guy hanging on a piece of rope, filming the "crazy" guy. Watch's wrong with this picture?
  • Reply 29 of 31
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I saw about 45 minutes of a mel gibson movie entitled "conspiracy theory"

it wasn't totally about the moon landing(they might have mentioned it, but I didn't see to much)

(off topic)hoobastank is on leno! those guys are from my hometown! my brother knows them(off topic)

any hoo....the movie wasn't very good, but it definatly showed me that conspiracy theories are mostly dumb...and aren't to be taken to seriously....though mel gibson was right(or at least it seemed that way from what I saw)with one of his theories, he had thousands of them and it wasn't that he knew anything, he just got lucky(or unlucky).

I think that we've gone to the moon....but if you think we haven't....whatever

HEY! conan's on!

with two guests that are unrelated but have the same last name(tom green, seth green)!!! I smell conspiracy!!!!

maybe they are broadcasting from the moon!!!
  • Reply 30 of 31
    digixdigix Posts: 109member
    If the United States did go the moon, why stop at the early 70's and never gone back again?

And is all of the United States moon missions featured an actual manned moon landing, or is it only some moon landings are real landings?

And the Uni Soviet di have a a moon landing mission right even before the landing of the United, using the N-1 rocket.

Note: The United States also once planned to do a N-1 like rocket. Only that they never do it, since that they don't have the same budget and determination as the Uni Soviet. That's why the United States planned a docking manouver in moon orbit. In a kind of way, the idea of a docking manouver in moon orbit is consider to be a really risky idea, much more riskier than a single gigantical rocket to go the moon.

And even if some of the Uni Soviet moon missions failed, why did they stop? Why not just modifiy the mission parameter in order for a moon mission to be succcesful?

Is it determination?

In the term of determination, the Uni Soviet is quite a country with a lot of determination. I mean that, the Cosmonauts could always go the moon, pullled out the United States flag, replaced it with theirs and then said ?You landed there? Where's your flag? I can't see it??

Lack of determination is definetly not the problem

Since that the Uni Soviet put a space station that they intentially intended only for a few years, and later it (and later on Russia) managed to hack it that its lifetime gone over a decade. If Mir look like a space junk before it was put out of commission, it's probably because they just keep on hacking on it, it was running stuf that it wasn't planned to do in the first place.

And as for lack of budget for a moon mission, that surely isn't a big a problem during the Apollo days.

The United States stop going to the moon, the Uni Soviet stop on their project midway (which is a really weird move for a nation of its characteristic). Why?
  • Reply 31 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by digix:

<strong>The United States stop going to the moon, the Uni Soviet stop on their project midway (which is a really weird move for a nation of its characteristic). Why?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Myabe they had other things to worry about, like, say, a starving population, political instability, the spread of democracy?

[quote]Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights:

<strong>Ever watch these crazy people on tv doing wacky things, like say climbing El Capitan barehanded wearing Speedos. And yet... there's someone filming them all the way. So there's a camera guy hanging on a piece of rope, filming the "crazy" guy. Watch's wrong with this picture?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

If I told you that I had climed Mt. Everest wearing only a towel, would you believe it? No. So I would have to have someone filming me. The crazy-wackies don't mind if you call them crazy and wacky, but they don't want to be called liars.

Hey! maybe there were moon inhabitants up there who filmed the landing!

:eek: