Previous-gen Apple iPad, iPhone 3GS often outsell new Android devices

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 155
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post

So it is only reality when people agree with you. Got it.

This is an interesting expression of an idea. Basically, what he's saying is that there are any number of contradictory facts that can coexist in "reality". So, reality isn't something consistent with the actual state of things, but something defined by whether people accept it. In his world view, if he can convince people that Android is good, then it is good. There is no such thing as objective fact or truth. Only what you can make people believe.

I guess it's through a mechanism like this that he rationalizes away his own dishonesty. If he can ignore it or pretend it isn't part of his character, it isn't real. I suppose it's a good adaptive mechanism for people like this -- if they actually admitted what they had become, it could be difficult to sleep at night. And, it takes dishonesty to the most thorough level, where they aren't even honest with themselves. My only question is how well they are able to do it. I think the anger we almost always see expressed by these types of posters comes from their own sense, on some level, of what they have become, and what they are doing.
  • Reply 142 of 155
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

I think JD is a classic example of why we don't like Android fanatics...

I've avoided commenting...

The emasculated quotes are new -- but, except for that, JD's posting style is quite similar to prior trolls -- who have been banned, then returned under a different alias.

As for me, I prefer JD on the rocks -- with just a splash of water!
  • Reply 143 of 155
    jeffdenverjeffdenver Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Sorry, but you've already shown yourself to be dishonest, so you'll forgive us if we don't believe a word out of your mouth.

Anyone who is critical of Apple about anything must hate Apple. Is that what your religion says?

Quote:

I think JD is a classic example of why we don't like Android fanatics and astroturfers around here. There's just something creepy about them and their agenda of promoting Android with no care for honesty or integrity.

And Apple people would never do that I guess. If they say good things about Apple, they can be trusted. If they say bad things about Apple, they must be dishonest.

Quote:

Likely, this all comes from prolonged association with the culture of Google where honesty and and integrity are concepts trod upon all the time. From the blatantly disingenuous "Do no evil" lie, to their utter disregard for the law and the property of others exhibited in the Google Books scandal, Google has time and time again shown themselves to promote a culture devoid of any values but that of making money at the expense of others.

Yes, Google is the Devil. That is the message I am getting. Google is blasphemous to the holy light of Apple.
  • Reply 144 of 155
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Anyone who is critical of Apple about anything must hate Apple. Is that what your religion says?

And Apple people would never do that I guess. If they say good things about Apple, they can be trusted. If they say bad things about Apple, they must be dishonest.

Yes, Google is the Devil. That is the message I am getting. Google is blasphemous to the holy light of Apple.

I hate to feed a troll, but seriously? Seriously?
  • Reply 145 of 155
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    Quote:

Damn, you fooled me. I reviewed all your previous posts and there was enough moderation there for me to conclude that you were an honest critic. But after wiser heads than me poked you with a stick, you responded with all the classic And-troll hyperbole as if by magic. I should have given more credence to my usual warning sign: very recent join date. You've earned my ignore list. Bye, troll.
  • Reply 146 of 155
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Damn, you fooled me. I reviewed all your previous posts and there was enough moderation there for me to conclude that you were an honest critic. But after wiser heads than me poked you with a stick, you responded with all the classic And-troll hyperbole as if by magic. ...

Say the secret word and a duck drops down.
  • Reply 147 of 155
    Quote:

You've earned my ignore list.

Everyone keeps saying that, but then they respond to my posts anyway...are their ignore lists malfunctioning? I get the impression that they are not really ignoring me.
  • Reply 148 of 155
    Quote:

I hate to feed a troll, but seriously? Seriously?

I keep saying that to myself as well reading the posts on this forum. Anything even remotely anti-Apple is met with viscious attacks. It is like Apple users are going out of their way to live up to the stereotype.

I know they are not all like that from personal experience. I know several Apple diehards in real life who dont treat it like a religion. But you would never know it visiting Apple forums like this. They really do seem to treat it like a religion. Its not a religion...its just a hardware platform.

The irony is that I dont even hate Apple.
  • Reply 149 of 155
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

I keep saying that to myself as well reading the posts on this forum. Anything even remotely anti-Apple is met with viscious attacks. It is like Apple users are going out of their way to live up to the stereotype.

I know they are not all like that from personal experience. I know several Apple diehards in real life who dont treat it like a religion. But you would never know it visiting Apple forums like this. They really do seem to treat it like a religion. Its not a religion...its just a hardware platform.

The irony is that I dont even hate Apple.

The problem i that you are posting in an Apple forum saying "I prefer Android", which is generally off topic. Why be here at all?
  • Reply 150 of 155
    Quote:

I keep saying that to myself as well reading the posts on this forum. Anything even remotely anti-Apple is met with viscious attacks. ...

There you go again...

You aren't being criticized for the content of your posts, but for your blatant dishonesty, particularly, quoting out of context and your effort to disguise that. This latest post is another example: you pretend the criticism is because of your anti-Apple views, which frankly aren't well enough expressed to excite anyone, when you know very well it's because of your intentional misrepresentations, just as you have done again above. Dishonest to the end.
  • Reply 151 of 155
    Quote:

The problem i that you are posting in an Apple forum saying "I prefer Android", which is generally off topic.

How many of my posts have been about me preferring Android? Criticizing Apple for something does not necessarily = "Android rulez!".

But that is how Apple people on here seem to see it. Any criticism at all is labelled as blasphemy. And usually includes profanity laced insults.
  • Reply 152 of 155
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

How many of my posts have been about me preferring Android? Criticizing Apple for something does not necessarily = "Android rulez!".

But that is how Apple people on here seem to see it. Any criticism at all is labelled as blasphemy. And usually includes profanity laced insults.

I just did a search on your last page of posts - most are of the form: "everybody I know has an android", "Android is spanking Apple", "Apple may have increased it's share but Android got 12 times as much" etc.

There is plenty of criticism of Apple here - the entire thread on the new iMacs was hijacked by criticism of the lack of a matte display. I got pretty annoyed by Apple's 30% larceny some time ago.

Its often the most critical place for new announcements - with the exception of the iPhone people are generally underwhelmed by Apple releases. The iPad was a meh. The iPod was hated.

You, on the other hand, are a troll. You are an aggrieved troll too. Coming to a forum for Apple lovers and pointing out that while Apple increased its market share, Android did much better so deal with it, is a trolling - well particularly if all your posts are like that. And they are.

As a once owner of an Android device I could go to the Android forums and rubbish the machine - and it was rubbish - but I dont bother because I dont care. If you dont like Apple, possibly posting on Appleinsider is a mistake. It doesn't claim to be a neutral forum.

Also the kind of nut whp trolls Apple forums and then claims that we are the fanatics, is probably the fanatic. How many people here plague Android forums, I am willing to bet none.

So get a life and post somewhere else.
  • Reply 153 of 155
    Quote:

You, on the other hand, are a troll.

If you really believe that why did you just spend 5 or 6 paragraphs on a post directed specifically at me?

Quote:

If you dont like Apple.

From post #140:

Quote:

I dont hate Apple. I've owned Apple products, I buy all my music on iTunes, and I have family members and friends that own Apple products even now.

If I criticize Apple it means I must hate Apple. If I say I like Apple, it must mean I am lying, because how could I like them if I also criticize them?

Quote:

If you dont like Apple, possibly posting on Appleinsider is a mistake.

Expecting adult discourse appears to have been a mistake. But not everyone on this site has been rude or childish to me.

Quote:

How many people here plague Android forums

You would lose that bet. I have seen them before. I've always managed to avoid hurling profanity and childish insults at them though.

Quote:

So get a life

You first.
  • Reply 154 of 155
    Quote:

... Expecting adult discourse appears to have been a mistake. But not everyone on this site has been rude or childish to me.

And yet, you've been rude, childish, and dishonest with everyone on this site.

Quote:

You would lose that bet. I have seen them before. I've always managed to avoid hurling profanity and childish insults at them though. ...

The truth comes out. It's nice to see you admit that you do spend a lot of time on Android forums, so much so that you're able to provide significant feedback on the troll behavior there. Maybe you weren't getting enough attention there, but you aren't going to get any love here with your bad behavior, either, and the presence of trolls in Android forums, doesn't excuse your behavior here or there. A troll is a troll, and a troll's behavior is just as pathologically antisocial wherever it occurs.
  • Reply 155 of 155
    Quote:

And yet, you've been rude, childish, and dishonest with everyone on this site.

Can you give me an example of someone I was rude to who was not rude to me first?

Quote:

The truth comes out. It's nice to see you admit that you do spend a lot of time on Android forums

The "truth" was never hidden. I am on lots of forums. There is no insidious cover up. Not sure why you are implying one.

Quote:

you're able to provide significant feedback on the troll behavior there

Only based on my personal experiences so far. I havnt read more than a handful of threads on here. Just a few of the active ones.

Quote:

A troll is a troll

If you really think I am a troll, why are you spending so much time talking to me? Why havnt you just put me on ignore?