Macbook Air - graphics or software problem?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I bought a 13" Macbook Air end of Feb. As many people have already said it has been my best ever Mac so far. I'm thrilled with it. The only problem however has been that sometimes, when waking from sleep, the screen is really dim. Sometimes so dark it's almost impossible to tell the screen is on. This can occur when the machine is plugged in and charging or when it isn't. There's no regularity to it. It's been fine all day today. Sometimes all I need to do is turn up the brightness, even though I never lowered the setting, other times it says the screen is at full or near full brightness even if ti clearly isn't. A restart sorts the problem. Is this a software issue or hardware do you think? I want an idea as if it's the latter I want to take it back to the Apple Store and see if I can get a swap as soon as - it's done it almost from the off.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Sounds like a software glitch – more specifically a system glitch – to me. FWTW.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpw_amherst View Post

I bought a 13" Macbook Air end of Feb. As many people have already said it has been my best ever Mac so far. I'm thrilled with it. The only problem however has been that sometimes, when waking from sleep, the screen is really dim. Sometimes so dark it's almost impossible to tell the screen is on. This can occur when the machine is plugged in and charging or when it isn't. There's no regularity to it. It's been fine all day today. Sometimes all I need to do is turn up the brightness, even though I never lowered the setting, other times it says the screen is at full or near full brightness even if ti clearly isn't. A restart sorts the problem. Is this a software issue or hardware do you think? I want an idea as if it's the latter I want to take it back to the Apple Store and see if I can get a swap as soon as - it's done it almost from the off.

Sounds like a standard problem, I've been seeing a few of these lately. 10.6.5 is suppose to correct the issues if it doesn't take it back and exchange it.