Purported fifth-gen iPhone case shows edge-to-edge screen, camera flash shift - rumor

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ameldrum1 View Post

I've had a look at this, and tbh i can't actually hold my phone in a way that would see my fingers blocking/touching any part of the side of the screen.

For one handed use my fingers are all behind the phone, with my thumb in front. I'm honestly not sure how you could have a problem with this.

Yeah, that's how it looks to me as well. Who holds their phone with their fingers curled around the front on the sides, when they're using it? Most natural and normal as far as I know is to tuck the lower right hand corner against the lower right palm, at the base of the thumb, and lightly press the pads of the fingers against the left side.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    I like the edge to edge screen but the person that photoshoped this has no taste in style. The chin at the top and bottom of the screen looks horrible and out of place. Apple would not let such an ugly device exist.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    jetzjetz Posts: 1,293member
    I just don't get how a phone like that would be useable. Fingers would keep touching the screen at the edges if the bezel was reduced that much.

It's not just the finger curling (which might happen). It's the proximity of the fingers as you move to swipe or tap something on the screen.

I could see this being another "you're holding it wrong," situation. One would hope if this is true, that they've done some serious user evaluations.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetz View Post

I just don't get how a phone like that would be useable. Fingers would keep touching the screen at the edges if the bezel was reduced that much.

On my iPad sure, but either one or two handed (for typing) my iPhone is supported by the bottom. I barely even touch the "side-sides". That said, I don't see how Apple can get too close without negatively affecting the touch matrix. I'd rather see it expanded out while the display stays where it is so the entire display area is more responsive at the edges.