Thinking about a new iPad.

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I have not had an iPad but I am thinking about getting one since it seems like a device that make my job and life a little easier. I have used macBook Pros for about 6 years and currently have one that I purchased about a year ago. I would like to lighten up some and the majority of apps/programs on the MBP I do not use.

I am not very tech savvy and looking for some input on people that have used the iPad 2 and how that has gone for them. Believe it or not I do not understand the 2 ways the iPad connects to the internet and if the security for my job using these methods is good enough.

think I could get an iPad with WiFi and 3G but not 4G. I am not sure with the iPad how these 2 ways of getting online work wit the iPad and if I have a Verizon MIFI 4G mobile Hot Spot if this is something that could take the place of one of the 2 ways the iPad connects to the internet.

I am not very tech savvy and I try to rad up on this stuff but my brain does not understand the majority of what I read so I decided to sign up for this website and use the forum to hopefully get some help.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kooler View Post

I have not had an iPad but I am thinking about getting one since it seems like a device that make my job and life a little easier. I have used macBook Pros for about 6 years and currently have one that I purchased about a year ago. I would like to lighten up some and the majority of apps/programs on the MBP I do not use.

I am not very tech savvy and looking for some input on people that have used the iPad 2 and how that has gone for them. Believe it or not I do not understand the 2 ways the iPad connects to the internet and if the security for my job using these methods is good enough.

think I could get an iPad with WiFi and 3G but not 4G. I am not sure with the iPad how these 2 ways of getting online work wit the iPad and if I have a Verizon MIFI 4G mobile Hot Spot if this is something that could take the place of one of the 2 ways the iPad connects to the internet.

I am not very tech savvy and I try to rad up on this stuff but my brain does not understand the majority of what I read so I decided to sign up for this website and use the forum to hopefully get some help.

thanks.

The MiFi connects to your iPad through WiFi. If you're using that to connect to the internet, you don't need the iPad 3G.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    wawabweewawabwee Posts: 8member
    In my opinion, it has the best user-experience. I also have a Galaxy Tab, and whilst sufficient for my needs, which are varied - It's performance is no where near as slick.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    koolerkooler Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WaWaBwee View Post

In my opinion, it has the best user-experience. I also have a Galaxy Tab, and whilst sufficient for my needs, which are varied - It's performance is no where near as slick.

Do you know if there will be a 4G for the iPad? The Verizon MIFI2200 (which is 3G) has not worked in the area where I live for about 6 months, since I moved here. After tech support with Verizon, I am told it must be the area I live in. so basically the MIFI2200 from Verizon used to work great. A lot of people in this complex have iPhones bot 3 & 4 so I assume that they use the 3G network.

I think the MiFI2200 need an antenna or something else since there are areas where it just does not work.

I am assuming you are saying that the new iPad is great. How was the learning curve for the new iPad? I have a hard time with techie stuff. I am thinking about having both the 3G (there is no 4G iPad, right) and WIFI iPad since I run into problems like I have with the Verizon MiFI2200 3G. Is this logic sound right?