Disk Permissions and Java

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Nothing too serious but am curious if anyone would know why every time I do a disk utility permissions check it has been constantly coming back with the

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/jconsole.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .

It just seems to be the JavaVirtual Machines... that the permissions get switched on and then I repair them. No weird behavior coming from my MBP (running 10.6.7 )or anything, just this constant repairing of this particular file/s.

Any idea with what this Java file is doing? Or is related to web stuff when accessing Java web based apps? I don't know enough about it to understand all the ins & outs.

Thanks for any info anyone would have.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I'd be interested in this too. Any time I perform a Disk Repair, the only errors that come back are for Java. And they never seem to get repaired.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I'd be interested in this too. Any time I perform a Disk Repair, the only errors that come back are for Java. And they never seem to get repaired.

Exactly. It is very odd that they keep getting changed. I'm thinking it has to be something web app based, but that is a totally uneducated guess!