Samsung files motion to see Apple's next iPhone and iPad

Comments

• Reply 81 of 127
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

That would be you're.

You need to learn to read first, then to punctuate.
  • Reply 82 of 127
    roboduderobodude Posts: 273member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

When was the last time Google indemnified anyone against anything? They aren't even willing to back up their very likely false claims that WebM isn't patent encumbered by indemnifying those who use it. Google is a parasite, and, just like most parasites, if one of their hosts dies, they'll just find a new one.

Ask again in a month. I hear Lodgsys are at it again.

While colourful, it'd be good to see you justify your analogy. Who's the host?
  • Reply 83 of 127
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neiltc13 View Post

I got a new Samsung phone not long ago - Omnia 7. It's a really nice device. It feels better than iPhone 4 in hand, has a better screen than iPhone 4 and unlike my previous iPhone 3GS, it can actually hold a signal in my house

• Reply 84 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rothgarr View Post

smitty, have you read the facts about that image? (and how inaccurate it is):

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ung_first.html

That's hilarious -- these Android fanboys like smitty will believe any lies they're told.
  • Reply 85 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

i got the pics from thisismynext.com

http://thisismynext.com/2011/04/19/a...sung-analysis/

Oh, thanks. I thought it was a new meme.
  • Reply 86 of 127
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Samsung copied Sharp as well. Sharp sued. Samsung countersued. Samsung agreed to settle after legal proceedings started going Sharp's way.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Samsung also copied RIM and, a few years ago, NOKIA. My friend has one of this Samsung's look-alike Blackberry. I guess if they don't make WP7 they might copy that too. They're capable of engineering the devices but they just want the short cut I guess.

• Reply 87 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majjo View Post

Right, like I said, Apple has a case going after the app drawer. Samsung definitely went to lengths to modify it from the default android's look and behavior to closely mimic iOS'.

What that graphic was suggesting was that the crux of the case lies with the similarities between the icons; I just don't think that's the right avenue of attack. Yes, some of the icons are similar, but they're different enough that I wouldn't consider them direct copies.

They don't have to be direct copies for Apple to make its case. Of all the ways Samsung could represent the concept of "phone" and they chose white "classic telephone receiver" against a green background. Is Samsung going to argue that is the only way to depict a phone function? Or the notification badge that is a white number in a red circle with a white border in the top right corner of the icon... Is that the only way to depict notification? Surely it is not. If Samsung wanted to be original with their icons, they wouldn't look anything like these. I think Apple has a case for claiming that Samsung is trying to mimic iOS' look and feel.
  • Reply 88 of 127
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 89 of 127
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 90 of 127
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Why woulnd't that work the other way?

So many Apple fans here try to suggest that Samsung not only copied Apple's design, but managed to build a product from it it under a month.

Let's keep it real (yeah, I know, futile suggestion here in Doublestandardsland).

Huh? What are you talking about?
  • Reply 91 of 127
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

image: http://www.designsojourn.com/wp-cont...1/rams-ive.jpg

You let us know how Dieter Rams’ lawsuit against Apple pans out but first tell us how these products compete with other. Most aren’t even in the same genre and none are in the same decade.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dieter Rams

Good design…
    1. Is innovative

2. Makes a product useful

3. Is aesthetic

4. Makes a product understandable

5. Is unobtrusive

6. Is honest

7. Is long-lasting

8. Is thorough down to the last detail

9. Is environmentally friendly

10. Is as little design as possible

Dieter should sue Apple for stealing all 10 of his design principles.
  • Reply 92 of 127
    Quote:

Despite knowing better he’s trying to say that Apple is suing Samsung for the look and the feel of the F700, not for their newer HW and SW with the TouchWiz UI that creeps closer and closer to copying Apple’s design.
  • Reply 93 of 127
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:

He's just trolling.

Ignore him, and he'll go back to his slumber.
  • Reply 94 of 127
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Despite knowing better he’s trying to say that Apple is suing Samsung for the look and the feel of the F700, not for their newer HW and SW with the TouchWiz UI that creeps closer and closer to copying Apple’s design.

"let's keep it real".. priceless.
  • Reply 95 of 127
    glui2001glui2001 Posts: 24member
    Just show 'em some throwaway prototype from 8 years back
  • Reply 96 of 127
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by glui2001 View Post

Just show 'em some throwaway prototype from 8 years back

Like this?

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/rokr/

• Reply 97 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Like this?

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/rokr/

That has the iPhone 5 covered. How about this for the iPad 3?
  • Reply 98 of 127
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robodude View Post

While colourful, it'd be good to see you justify your analogy. Who's the host?

If you were actually reading the thread, it should have been pretty obvious that in this context I was referring to the handset makers using Android, who are not going to be indemnified against anything by Google.
  • Reply 99 of 127
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Please Nokia, Rim and everybody else, come on and join in!

Can I also see the next prototypes? Apple's iPhone looks like an old drawing of mine.

... This is just ridiculous.
  • Reply 100 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktappe View Post

Then why didn't they change them from the outset instead of copying? Your argument makes no sense.

From my fairly simple-minded and widespread consumer standpoint I want all icons to be as familiar and simple to use as possible. I don't sit there and open them in MicroAngelo Icon Maker to appreciate them. Also from a business standpoint a picture icon is fairly easy to change for next to zero dollars.

Quote:

iTunes has not had DRM for several years. Perhaps you need to check the calendar; your arguments from 2009 won't work anymore.

Check again, the DRM is still very much there. Also 10 years prior to 2009 they had the same restrictive DRM. What does that tell me as a consumer....don't buy it.

Quote:

Actually, no it doesn't. Your post is a 100% complete fail. Are you aware of anything?

So your telling me I shouldn't read anything from 3rd party sources when it comes to a product review. Well I'll grant you that, as life was less complicated when I was not being a consumer. Ignorance is bliss so its good not to be aware of anything.