Getting Back Control Of My DNS's

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi everyone. I'm an ex-pat swede living in China and up until about 6 weeks ago I had no problems with my internet connections, getting around the GFW (Great FireWall) of China, using my Strong VPN service. Ever since moving here (4 Years ago) I had the usual access to my accounts at FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube and a whole host of other websites that are banned in China. But then about 6 weeks ago I found this problem with my DNS's. As you can see the top 2 are not and cannot be highlighted. So I cannot delete them or change them in any way. They were put there without my permission and I want to get rid of them. The bottom 3 DNS's are public DNS's and when I try to use them to access my VPN service it is unavailable. Does anyone know a way to get rid of them, so I can use my VPN again? Thanks for any advice or help.

Namaste;-)

Michael

PS. There is no attachment menu so I cannot upload an image capture. So I hope that you can understand what I mean. Thanks again.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by korstemplar View Post

Hi everyone. I'm an ex-pat swede living in China and up until about 6 weeks ago I had no problems with my internet connections, getting around the GFW (Great FireWall) of China, using my Strong VPN service. Ever since moving here (4 Years ago) I had the usual access to my accounts at FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube and a whole host of other websites that are banned in China. But then about 6 weeks ago I found this problem with my DNS's. As you can see the top 2 are not and cannot be highlighted. So I cannot delete them or change them in any way. They were put there without my permission and I want to get rid of them. The bottom 3 DNS's are public DNS's and when I try to use them to access my VPN service it is unavailable. Does anyone know a way to get rid of them, so I can use my VPN again? Thanks for any advice or help.

Namaste;-)

Michael

PS. There is no attachment menu so I cannot upload an image capture. So I hope that you can understand what I mean. Thanks again.

First of all, to show an image on the forums, there is no "upload" option. You need to host your image on another server somewhere, and post the URL to your image in an [image] tag.

Secondly, are you using a Mac, or a PC?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

First of all, to show an image on the forums, there is no "upload" option. You need to host your image on another server somewhere, and post the URL to your image in an [image] tag.

Secondly, are you using a Mac, or a PC?

I'm on a Mac of course. I'll see what I can do with the image. CHEERS;-)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by korstemplar View Post

I'm on a Mac of course. I'll see what I can do with the image. CHEERS;-)

Here is the URL to the image for your benefit. Thanks.

http://www.shenzhenstuff.com/photo/1...2?context=user