Cannot get Mac App Store app (itself) to download

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I googled this but apparently am the only person on the planet with this problem. I am running the latest update of Snow Leopard on a late 2008 unibody Macbook but for some reason software update never has given me the option to download the app itself. Is there no other way to download it? Apple seems to think my computer already has it

I assume I am doing something incredibly stupid and would appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thanks.

Jim

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvernonfm View Post

I googled this but apparently am the only person on the planet with this problem. I am running the latest update of Snow Leopard on a late 2008 unibody Macbook but for some reason software update never has given me the option to download the app itself. Is there no other way to download it? Apple seems to think my computer already has it

It comes along with the 10.6.6 update. If it had been deleted, you'd have to extract it from the 10.6.6 update installer using a program like Pacifist.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It comes along with the 10.6.6 update. If it had been deleted, you'd have to extract it from the 10.6.6 update installer using a program like Pacifist.

Thanks, I am manually downloading 10.6.6 from apple now.

Like I said, I figured it would be something stupid I had done.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Marvin,

Just wanted to say thanks again; it worked perfectly! Pacifist is a pretty cool app.

Jim
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvernonfm View Post

Just wanted to say thanks again; it worked perfectly! Pacifist is a pretty cool app.

Glad to hear it worked out, Pacifist is a handy app to have around. The developer (CharlesSoft) has posted here on occasions. It's an app that Apple would do well to buy up and bundle in with the OS utilities or at least add the manual extract feature to the Mac Installer app. You can extract the data from the archive.pax.gz file inside the installer usually but having a GUI for it is much nicer especially with multi-install mpkg files.