Problem authorizing new MacBook

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My new 13" MacBook won't let me authorize my itunes account. All other devices are OK, I am entering the correct ID and password, but it tells me that either permissions or a file are missing. I have repaired permissions, but no progress.

Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do, please?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smudgesmith View Post

My new 13" MacBook won't let me authorize my itunes account. All other devices are OK, I am entering the correct ID and password, but it tells me that either permissions or a file are missing. I have repaired permissions, but no progress.

Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do, please?

I would go to your Apple retailer and let them handle this problem.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Apple talked me through some arcane stuff in the terminal - it seems it was a corrupted or missing file in permissions. They wouldn't tell me exactly what they had done because it would have allowed me to authorise unlimited devices...

Took a long call and upgrading to 2nd line support, though.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smudgesmith View Post

Apple talked me through some arcane stuff in the terminal - it seems it was a corrupted or missing file in permissions. They wouldn't tell me exactly what they had done because it would have allowed me to authorise unlimited devices...

Took a long call and upgrading to 2nd line support, though.

At least it is working okay.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Only in parts; there are some individual tunes that I can't play. I'm waiting for the next iTunes update!