Is it worth it to buy the iPhone 4 since my iPhone 3G is worn out?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
What do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Yes, its very much worth the investment, I just bought myself a spanking new iPhone 4 (Verizon Wireless) two days ago and I'm loving the device.

I've receive countless compliments about how good the iPhone 4 looks while I'm out in public. Simply, the Apple iPhone 4is the best multimedia device money can buy - we all know that though.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    even tho the iPhone 4gs is coming out in 3 months it would still be a good idea to get the iPhone 4?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anthonyrp View Post

even tho the iPhone 4gs is coming out in 3 months it would still be a good idea to get the iPhone 4?

No one can tell you this but yourself. The iPhone 5 (... come on... 4GS... really?) will be a significant hardware improvement over the iPhone 4. It'll run iOS 5, 6, & 7 as opposed to 4 (which you'll barely have time to use), 5, & 6.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    k.c.k.c. Posts: 60member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

(... come on... 4GS... really?)

Yes it appears there is going to be a 4GS, unfortunately.

I'm in the same fix trying to decide if I should buy a 4 but I'm still back on a 3G, not 3GS.

The old girl is getting flakey and showing her age.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by K.C. View Post

Yes it appears there is going to be a 4GS, unfortunately.

Except we know nothing about the next iPhone, much less the name.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

No one can tell you this but yourself. The iPhone 5 (... come on... 4GS... really?) will be a significant hardware improvement over the iPhone 4. It'll run iOS 5, 6, & 7 as opposed to 4 (which you'll barely have time to use), 5, & 6.

how do you know the next iphone will be called the iphone 5?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anthonyrp View Post

how do you know the next iphone will be called the iphone 5?

Probabilistically, it makes far more sense than "4GS", given that the G is for generation (of cellular telephony, which is ISN'T). "4S" also makes little sense. The next iPhone?the FIFTH iPhone?will have an A5 chip built in.

"iPhone generation 5 has an A5 chip. Guess we better call it the 4GS."

Yeah, that makes a LOT of sense.

Again, none of us know anything about it. I'm just going by what logic tells me.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    k.c.k.c. Posts: 60member
    Quote:

Except we know nothing about the next iPhone, much less the name.

Absolutely true. I was only referring to it as a 4GS for lack a better clue to what it'll be named.

I don't care what they call it. I just wish they get on with it since they didn't follow the pattern of releasing the new phone at the conference.