Perpetual Steve Jobs Health Discussion

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm tired of random "Steve Jobs looks thin" comments clogging other threads.

So in here - feel free to have an ongoing, perpetual discussion about Steve Jobs' health. And stick to the topic in other threads.

Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sp.8472sp.8472 Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tullius View Post

I'm tired of random "Steve Jobs looks thin" comments clogging other threads.

So in here - feel free to have an ongoing, perpetual discussion about Steve Jobs' health. And stick to the topic in other threads.

Thank you.

1) Oncologists (like Orac comments in the below link which you will ignore/bury your heads in the sand like ostriches , the REPUGNANT + EMBARRASSING WEAK WILLED FANNIES you all are given how INSANELY deluded and IN DENIAL U all R to face the LIFE AGONISING + (your)LIFE SHATTERING TRUTH)UNIVERSAL agreement is the probability that Jobs will be dead and buried by the end of the year is equal to the probability that U should seek URGENT PSYCHOLOGICAL treatment before you cause yourself but more importantly those you interact with via any media /method, further suffering and /or irreversible damage with your mental instability being as bad as it is !

Orac on reaching the END STAGE/TERMINAL state of Jobs INSULOMA;

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...s_jobs_did.php

2) HIS GOD HORRIFIC DEATH from CANCER is IMMINENT you TOTALLY insane delusional BANANA, OF COURSE its going to be PERVASIVE among threads, even on TOTALLY irrelevant topics now - i understand Steve is renown for his success in parting braindead fools (AKA fanbois like U) from their cash - so the basic understanding of human nature when someone who is DELUSIONALLY worshiped as a IMMORTAL GOD is going to suffer such an UNDIGNIFIED demise, is BEYOND the comprehension of your goldfish limited cognisance.

3) Thank you
  • Reply 2 of 2
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I'll give it a go then... Steve Jobs looks dangerously thin, about as thin as his thinnest points over the past decade. His voice was weak and he was walking a bit funny. For something as cool as what was presented at WWDC his opening remarks were a little too subdued and not his usual enthusiastic self. He was almost... reflective in a way we've never seen in a keynote. He said, "The hardware is the brain, the software is the soul". Quite mystical, even for Steve.

Phil Schiller came on right afterwards and had to pump up the crowd a bit, saying "C'mon, energy...! Yeah" or something Ballmer-ish to that effect.

Later once Steve got warmed up by all the tremendous stuff being presented especially iOS 5, he got more into the groove when presenting iCloud.

But Steve never needs to "warm up" through a presentation. He's always top-notch from the very first word.

Something is up. He's been on medical leave for several months now with no further news, no gain in weight (in fact an apparent loss of weight), and the WWDC presentation is probably his least enthusiastic in recent memory.

He went to the Cupertino City Council the very next day and he was similarly struggling though he presented a very convincing and impressive vision of the new Apple campus, something he's obviously very passionate about.

As I've said, I think his health is still a serious concern and I can only wish him well at this stage.

Yes it can be construed as a private matter but if he is still on medical leave and still looks this way, talks this way and walks this way (apologies to... Aerosmith?) during the iPhone 5 presentation around September then my opinion will shift. I feel at that stage Apple has a corporate and social responsibility to disclose WTF is going on with Steve. I draw the line there.