Back To School

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just wondering what folks here thought of the chances there may not be a back to school promo this year. I've been putting off updating our current iMac so as to pick up a free ipod in the process, but am beginning to wonder as WWDC winds down.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    We don't know. We can't know. School doesn't start for at least two more months. You can wait.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jeff k-cjeff k-c Posts: 28member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

We don't know. We can't know. School doesn't start for at least two more months. You can wait.

You seem to have misinterpreted the intent of my post, but thanks for the effort.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeff K-C View Post

You seem to have misinterpreted the intent of my post, but thanks for the effort.

No, I told you everything that any of us knows about the Back To School deal.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tallest skil View Post

no, i told you everything that any of us knows about the back to school deal.

q.e.d.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    crunchcrunch Posts: 180member
    Last year it started in late May so the start of the school year has little to do with it, but if they're going to do it again this year, they're shortening the window of opportunity.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crunch View Post

Last year it started in late May so the start of the school year has little to do with it, but if they're going to do it again this year, they're shortening the window of opportunity.

That's my thought. My post was just kind of speculative, and though I don't know what the start dates have been since the beginning of the promotion, I thought that at least over the last couple years it had been under way by now. I had also seen a couple AI articles predicting last week of May, and then during WWDC. Perhaps with all the bells and whistles they're rolling out w/ iCloud and new OS's they don't feel they need the promo. At any rate, I'd think in the next week, or two at the most, we'll know. No big deal, but since I'm planning on getting a Touch anyhow, figured it would be nice to pick one up for free.