Will Apple still host iWeb sites?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
With MobileMe gone now and iCloud in if I create a website in iWeb will Apple still host my site and will it be free? Also will they host it now or do I have to wait till fall for iCloud? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    MobileMe's not gone until a year from now.

We don't know if iCloud will host sites. Likely not. iWeb hasn't received an update in years and barring Apple buying out the guys who made Hype and making their own application to school the Flash+Dreamweaver combo, it's unlikely it matters anymore.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    idadidad Posts: 17member
    Mobile me gone? I use @me.com for my emails what happens to that?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDad View Post

Mobile me gone? I use @me.com for my emails what happens to that?

It stays exactly where it was, as @me.com is the basis for all iCloud accounts.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    idadidad Posts: 17member
    Wow..... I have spent year building up clients with that @me accounts..... I was freaking out at the thought of playing catchup in my address book..... Thanks for info
  • Reply 5 of 5
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

MobileMe's not gone until a year from now.

We don't know if iCloud will host sites. Likely not. iWeb hasn't received an update in years and barring Apple buying out the guys who made Hype and making their own application to school the Flash+Dreamweaver combo, it's unlikely it matters anymore.

I reckon iWeb and iDisk will be bye bye when MobileMe expires in a year.

Who knows, if iCloud is going well they may have a new web page hosting system which integrates with iWeb. But I doubt it.

iWeb was when everyone wanted to make their own web pages and blogs. Now there are like a million free ways to do all of this, with all the "social" nuts and bolts as well.

RIP iWeb. At least Apple came out with an alternative to Microsoft FrontPage (remember that?). And iWeb was a pretty cool if limited alternative to Dreamweaver.