Moved: IRA takes responsibility...No one cares???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Who follows?

<a href="http://europe.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/07/16/ira/index.html"; target="_blank">article</a>

<a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-1883820,00.html"; target="_blank">apology</a>

There is hope.

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: macfenian ]

[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: macfenian ]

[ 07-24-2002: Message edited by: Jamie ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Well it's a step in the right direction.

But don't expect an apology from any of the jihadists any time soon.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    macfenianmacfenian Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

<strong>Well it's a step in the right direction.

But don't expect an apology from any of the jihadists any time soon.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I was more or less refering to the Unionists or the British government
  • Reply 3 of 24
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    [quote] I was more or less refering to the Unionists or the British government <hr></blockquote>

You would expect anything from either of those idiots?
  • Reply 4 of 24
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Hey I see you're from Cork,there are a lot of people from Cork in my hometown right now,I had a girlfriend from Cork,well not Cork itself but Macroom.
  • Reply 5 of 24
    When is the IRA going to turn these murderers over to the police?
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Maybe when the British Government ends its occupation
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Murder is okay so long as you wrap yourself in a cause.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    vargasvargas Posts: 426member
    [quote]Originally posted by scott_h_phd:

<strong>Murder is okay so long as you wrap yourself in a cause.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No it isn't. Murder is a terrible thing.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    [quote]

Murder is okay so long as you wrap yourself in a cause.

<hr></blockquote>

No it isn't,just because I am opposed to the actions of the British government doesn't mean I support the IRA.scott_h_phd you need to stop thinking in such a binary,Manichiest logic.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Actually Scott many of the "murderers" were let out of prison as part of the peace process.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I see some people have a hard time seeing sarcasm.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]

<strong>When is the IRA going to turn these murderers over to the police?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Probably about the same time the British put the SAS on trial.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by scott_h_phd:

<strong>When is the IRA going to turn these murderers over to the police?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ladies and gentlemen,

Rev. Iain Paisley's lovechild.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by Rick1138:

<strong>Hey I see you're from Cork,there are a lot of people from Cork in my hometown right now,I had a girlfriend from Cork,well not Cork itself but Macroom.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The beauty of the Irish is that wherever you go, for some reason, you're never the only one.

Macroom is a nice place. William Penn lived there during his childhood.

Why are there so many Cork people in your hometown?
  • Reply 15 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

<strong>I see some people have a hard time seeing sarcasm.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I got it mate
  • Reply 16 of 24
    [quote]

Why are there so many Cork people in your hometown?

<hr></blockquote>

Good question.It is a summer resort and a lot of people come here for summer,but how people in Cork,Ireland found out about Rehoboth Beach,Delaware,USA,I have no idea,it just started in the last 5 years or so.I have asked a few people but they have all said they heard about it from someone else,so I don't know how it started originally.I didn't know about William Penn and Macroom,I was born in Pennsylvania,I will have to mention that to Helena next time I talk to her.
  • Reply 17 of 24

<strong>

Good question.It is a summer resort and a lot of people come here for summer,but how people in Cork,Ireland found out about Rehoboth Beach,Delaware,USA,I have no idea,it just started in the last 5 years or so.I have asked a few people but they have all said they heard about it from someone else,so I don't know how it started originally.I didn't know about William Penn and Macroom,I was born in Pennsylvania,I will have to mention that to Helena next time I talk to her.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not many people do know, well except for Cork people I suppose With me it's because my father is Dutch and I lived in Holland for a large part of my life. To make sure that I didn't become all Dutch my mother indoctrinated me with Irish history She's from Clonakilty herself.

I can totally imagine the way everybody heard from someone about your town. If you're ever in Ireland you'll notice that everyone seems to know everyone (and is related to each other ). Boston is a very popular place for young people to work in the summer as well.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    My father was from Boston.
  • Reply 19 of 24

<strong>My father was from Boston.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've never been there but I'd love to go. I'm thinking of trying to do my Masters over there in Law. Obviously not at Harvard since I'm not that smart/rich

Boston and Hell's Kitchen, it's like the Mecca for the Irish. (I hope that didn't just start another Muslim bashing thread! )
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Boston is agreat city,if I ever move back to a city,I would go there.There are a lot of universities there too,I think more than any other city,at least in the US.