Will ipod 4g run the upcoming 5g's games?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am going to buy ipod touch 4g and i have also heard that ipod touch 5g is about to get released soon.So i am posting this thread for your guidance whether i should wait for ipod 5g or buy ipod 4g.If i bought 4g would it run the upcoming 5g's games and apps?If so please inform because i wish to get the ipod as soon as possible.

Best Regards.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    It's not like game consoles. iOS doesn't work like that. You can run the game if you can run the software. The only time this will be an issue is two years from now when the 5th-gen iPod touch can run iOS 7 and the 4th-gen iPod touch can only run iOS 6.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    yottryottr Posts: 2member
    But does'nt hardware matter as well,Apple change it after every iteration.There are some rumors that the itouch 5g will have 512 MB RAM so won't that limit the itouch 4g's compatibility with it?And also,when do you think the ipod touch 5g will be released,Since it is always released september of every year.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yottr View Post

But does'nt hardware matter as well,Apple change it after every iteration.There are some rumors that the itouch 5g will have 512 MB RAM so won't that limit the itouch 4g's compatibility with it?

Ooh, good, you recognize that. Yes, it matters to an extent. For 95% of games, et. al., however, it won't. You shouldn't have much to worry about. If nothing else, the graphics will look a little bit worse. Not really a big deal on a 3.5" screen.

Quote:

And also,when do you think the ipod touch 5g will be released,Since it is always released september of every year.

Kind of answered your own question there. We can't know, at any rate.