Facebook app for iPad reportedly coming 'in weeks'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    ituomasituomas Posts: 35member
    Finally. I've been waiting this for ages now. (OK, have had my iPad only since March)
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juandl View Post

Zuckerburg probably sees that since Gates has stepped down.

Jobs is looking like he needs to step down soon.

Ellison has never been on top anyway.

Bezos would want to remind people that he is the heir apparent (not).

All the Google guys just want to be left alone.

Ballmer probably stands in front of his mirror and reminds himself, "I am CEO, I am CEO."

The Chinese guys, (well, I don't talk chinese).

That is what Zuck has his eyes on.

He wants to be The Man.

Too bad he just comes across as The Douche. He'll never live up to the hype. That will eat him up on the inside and make him a hollow man.. once he grows up.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Not Unlike Myself View Post

Too bad he just comes across as The Douche. He'll never live up to the hype. That will eat him up on the inside and make him a hollow man.. once he grows up.

Yes! Now I can finally upload pictures.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    stuffestuffe Posts: 394member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

I'm kinda getting tired of FB's lack of features on iOS. Obviously they're flexing some muscle in an attempt to dismiss Apple's influence on FB.

Think of it this way. What possible benefit is there to FB to have an iPad app that they cannot control and profit from with regards to advertising in the same way as they can the website. The iphone app is the bare minimum they can get away with to have a presence on the platform to enable people on the move to access FB on a mobile device without them needing to use the website. You will note it lack of key functionality, and also it's absence of advertising in any way. If they put an iPad version together then I, like many others, would likely never ever go to the website again, so say goodbye to the ad revenues, and while they can in-app advertise on the iPad, a) no-one will accept it, and b) they would have to follow via Apple's rules and suchlike in order to do so. I would be surprised to see an official Facebook app ever for the iPad, and least not a native iOS one. If the stories from yesterday are true I can see a Facebook iPad Web App as being one of the key apps in this HMTL app store thing they are supposedly putting together...
  • Reply 25 of 29
    radster360radster360 Posts: 546member
    Amazing! AppleInsider - You just lost credibility! Just few days ago you were talking about HTML5 FB app and now this! Mr. Jacksons! I am sure you must be seeing an angle on this one too!
  • Reply 26 of 29
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by radster360 View Post

Amazing! AppleInsider - You just lost credibility! Just few days ago you were talking about HTML5 FB app and now this! Mr. Jacksons! I am sure you must be seeing an angle on this one too!

they just report. we discuss.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    shavexshavex Posts: 34member
    Mark has already said, "No Facebook for iPad app! The iPad is a laptop, not a mobile device that needs an app to optimize the website."

So fuck the iPad.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    And yet. There he is , working on an iPad app.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    So where the heck is it?