• Reply 21 of 26
    Please GPS. Please COMPASS.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HappenChild View Post

Please GPS. Please COMPASS.

It doesn't have a compass yet? Wow.

GPS makes sense, as that's tied to the telephony chip on the iPhone and iPad.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don't think that an iPad nano will ever exist.

Best photo response ever.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadyside4fyr View Post

Its like apple is not taking the ipodtouch line as seriously as the iphone they are always making it less and less desirable. This is one product that shows so much promise in the portable media market yet it has been crippled to be a least favorite child. it can do almost every thing the ipad and iphone can do with up to 64 gig of memory and fit into your pocket at the same time. i really hope they get their sh** together on this product and include the things everyone wants to see. It has always been the ultimate apple gadget for me (because of the storage space and extreme portability like an ipad mini) and it kills me to see it so crippled. i still wish it had a 3G option though..\

The one thing I want that I don't have in the iPT is GPS. Wi-fi triangulation was seriously crippled with the 4.3.3 update. Although it really seems to be working better again within the last week...
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Steve himself said that the iPod touch is "training wheels" for the iPhone.

Except that you get double capacity for half the price. There's no way I would choose an iPhone.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Except that you get double capacity for half the price. There's no way I would choose an iPhone.

Particularly when you're forced to have data you don't want, need, or find morally correct.

You being me in this case.