Comments

• Reply 181 of 190
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Retail Price "of the Beast".

Here is the first Tandy TRS-80 from 1977:

http://oldcomputers.net/trs80i.htm

Notice the Apple products in the timeline on the left of the page.

Here is the Apple 1:

http://oldcomputers.net/applei.html

I didn't have a Mac until 12/31/1999 (Y2K), but many a Tandy.
  • Reply 182 of 190
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 183 of 190
    deleted
  • Reply 184 of 190
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Having confirmed my point, it seems you have a rather loose definition of "FUD".

YES, you can rip the entire disc, menus and all, or YES, you can rip just the movie file and make it a manageable file size that still looks good. It's your choice.
  • Reply 185 of 190
    deleted
  • Reply 186 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

no need to hunt down third-party apps and go through the trouble of copying the entire disk's contents to your hard drive just to watch a movie.

And you don't have to do that, which is what I'm saying.

Quote:

More than a few other Mac fans here have been asking for Blu-ray. Full HD is kinda nice.

It's very nice. Especially when ripped and being played back in iTunes, complete with full metadata, et. al. I just don't buy Apple ever giving us OS-level Blu-ray support. And I (and more than a few other Mac fans) are perfectly fine with that.
  • Reply 187 of 190
    dcolleydcolley Posts: 87member
    Right Mac's are more expensive.

Right Mac's are a better value.

Right Apple can buy Microsoft outright.

Right Mac's last 7 times longer than an HP, Dell, or whatever favor of PC.

Right the best part of the about HP, Dell, or whatever cheaply made PC is, Is that I do not own one.

All of you PC apologist need to go back to posting on Pcworld. I really do not want to hear your stupidity on an Apple forum.
  • Reply 188 of 190
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    If a person wants to they can spend as much money on a PC as a Mac. The only difference is that Apple does not cater to the "cheap as possible crowd". What a lame comparison this is.
  • Reply 189 of 190
    venomvenom Posts: 2member
    Plain and simple it all comes down to personal preference if you love a MAC then that's your computer of choice if you love a PC its your choice the whole PC vs MAC is getting old rather fast, i mean they are only computers, there is more politics in PC vs MAC than there is in washington lol
  • Reply 190 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by venom View Post

Plain and simple it all comes down to personal preference if you love a MAC then that's your computer of choice if you love a PC its your choice the whole PC vs MAC is getting old rather fast, i mean they are only computers, there is more politics in PC vs MAC than there is in washington lol

Pretty sure PCs are perfectly fine with MAC.