iMac 2nd monitor output screen resolution comparison

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So I currently use dual monitors on my Power Mac G5, but am planning on scooping a new iMac and still want to connect one of my existing monitors to it for the extra screen real estate. My concern is whether or not the two screen resolutions would match up with both/either the 21.5? iMac, and the 27? iMac.

The iMac would have it?s widescreen screen size, but my existing monitors are 4:3 ratio. I just want to make sure that I am able to drag windows back and forth between the two screens without any kind of window resizing. That would bug me out!

Does anyone know where I can find the resolution options for these iMacs, and how they might compare to my current, 4:3 ration resolution, which is

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Windows that you drag between them won't change aspect or anything but it's good to find ones with similar vertical resolution because say you have a higher resolution on the external, if you drag a full-size window from there to the internal, the bottom of the window will be off the bottom of the screen. Also, there is a block created on the larger resolution so you can't drag content over at that point.