HELP THIS GO VIRAL.. It says a lot about the iOS platform

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here's an interesting video.

Back in April I got a few PlayBooks for dev purposes. I loaded some videos for my 2 yr old son to watch on it. For 2 months I watch him be frustrated and angry when he would swipe the bezel by accident. I started recording some of his freak out sessions. I decided to try transferring his videos to an iPad to see if the results would be the same.

The results amazed me.

Watch the video... pass it on to your friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOxUAke1KzQ

Cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    tinman0tinman0 Posts: 168member
    "but it has Flash" lol
  • Reply 2 of 14
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    I LOVE this video! Definitely shows the magic of iPad in action
  • Reply 3 of 14
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Awesome.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    You really should be keeping your young kids away from electronics.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

You really should be keeping your young kids away from electronics.

Why??
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Why??

It does nothing for their development. Other than keep them from things that help them develop.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

It does nothing for their development. Other than keep them from things that help them develop.

I disagree. And someone probably said that about books at some time.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I disagree. And someone probably said that about books at some time.

You can disagree but you'd be wrong. There is no study that shows that video and electronics help in the development of young kids. If you know of one please let me know.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

You can disagree but you'd be wrong. There is no study that shows that video and electronics help in the development of young kids. If you know of one please let me know.

Yes, because children should never take a break to have fun or learn about the technologies that they'll use daily for the rest of their working lives.

Yeah, keep them away from computers and iPads. They'll never need them.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    dcsimagesdcsimages Posts: 59member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applauz View Post

Here's an interesting video.

Watch the video... pass it on to your friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOxUAke1KzQ

Cheers!

Cute, but too long. Tighten it up and get it under 2 minutes and it'll be much more effective.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yes, because children should never take a break to have fun or learn about the technologies that they'll use daily for the rest of their working lives.

Yeah, keep them away from computers and iPads. They'll never need them.

yea 'cause they have so much trouble picking them up they need to start at 2 years old. Yea and also 2 year olds lives are so complex and stressful they need a "break to have fun" that obviously you should put them in front of the electronic baby sitter for a couple of hours. Oh wait it's only 30 minutes (in your dreams).

Do you're kids a favor and put that crap away.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

yea 'cause they have so much trouble picking them up they need to start at 2 years old. Yea and also 2 year olds lives are so complex and stressful they need a "break to have fun" that obviously you should put them in front of the electronic baby sitter for a couple of hours. Oh wait it's only 30 minutes (in your dreams).

Do you're kids a favor and put that crap away.

Think what you will. You're entirely wrong, but I can't stop you from doing anything.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Think what you will. You're entirely wrong, but I can't stop you from doing anything.

No actually I'm completely right. Go do some basic research on media and kids and you'll find that video/computer/video games do nothing for young kids and may actually be harmful.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

No actually I'm completely right. Go do some basic research on media and kids and you'll find that video/computer/video games do nothing for young kids and may actually be harmful.

I wouldn't let any potential children of mine waste their time with television beyond assignments or pleasure for an hour or so a day. Same with mindless Internet surfing; research, on the other hand, is, well, on the other hand.

Anything in excess is harmful. No contact with or knowledge of electronic devices is occupationally crippling, however.