Official Google+ social networking iOS app awaiting Apple's approval

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    smallwheelssmallwheels Posts: 584member
    Facebook will be decimated by Google+. I learned about it not too long ago and looked at the features. It is awesome. I'm not a member but I signed up to be included as soon as possible.

I've been a MySpace user because I really hated the Faceblurb pages. They were limiting and I didn't like seeing so much crap that some people put out. If I were following somebody because we shared a tech interest I hated when such people would post stupid things about their babies or how dinner with the inlaws went last night. I hated all those stupid game level announcements.

With Google+ some of that stuff will be filtered out because I won't be included in other peoples family circles.

I hope Google+ allows people to post videos, especially ones longer than twenty minutes. MySpace cut off their video time limits when it changed to its new interface.

I'm eager to get in and see what I can do with Google +.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Google+ is social networking done right. For years I have been bashing Facebook, and whenever my friends would ask for the reasons, i'd explain how the concept of "friending" someone is oversimplistic and unnecessarily reciprocal. Now I'm on to them to join me on Google+, too bad the loophole doesn't seem to work these days...

I love the circles concept and expect to be able to build Venn diagrams soon. The best part is that it is really simple to transfer your entire network of contacts from fb to Google+
  • Reply 23 of 25
    firefly7475firefly7475 Posts: 1,502member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

Facebook will be decimated by Google+.... I've been a MySpace user because I really hated the Faceblurb pages.

So as a MySpace user do you think you're in a good position to be predicting which social networking site will decimate the other?

Seriously though, neither site is going to "decimate" the other.

I've been using G+ for the last week and I have to say I like the circles (I think FB will promote lists and improve their usability sometime in the next few months) but that's really about it.

I suppose the hangouts are kind of fun as well... but really more of a novelty than anything else.

Anyway my point is G+ isn't a FB replacement. It's more like the social glue that holds all of the Google services together.

I still think Google will bake G+ into Ice Cream Sandwich (top to bottom and everything in between ) so people on Android phones and tablets are going to be G+ users, especially the communications framework (messaging/chat/VOIP/video calls) and the media sharing (photos/videos) but everyone will still have (and use) their FB accounts.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    strawberrystrawberry Posts: 181member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Menno View Post

"Google+ is like a night club that keeps a line outside but when you get in, you realize that you don't know most of the people."

So, like a night club!
  • Reply 25 of 25
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    There's supposition today that Google+ is already up to 10 million users in just two weeks. Pretty impressive for an invite-only rollout.

http://9to5google.com/2011/07/12/goo...-in-two-weeks/