Verizon confirms unlimited iPhone data plans no longer offered come Thursday

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 91
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Here is a point a number of hinted at but did not connect the dots. This could be a strategy that VZ is using to stop the AT&T and T-Mobile deal from going through. Everyone said they would switch if VZ changed more than other said switch to who since it could be only two provider in the near future. then others said the government or phone guys should step in and stop this all form happening...

Kind of interesting how this all works, I personally think this is VZ lame attempt at making the government take notice the pricing will increase especially on thinks like smart phone which happens to be the two hot buttons that FCC has been hamming AT&T on.

Commas are your friends.
  • Reply 82 of 91
    bongobongo Posts: 158member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Here is a point a number of hinted at but did not connect the dots. This could be a strategy that VZ is using to stop the AT&T and T-Mobile deal from going through. Everyone said they would switch if VZ changed more than other said switch to who since it could be only two provider in the near future. then others said the government or phone guys should step in and stop this all form happening...

Kind of interesting how this all works, I personally think this is VZ lame attempt at making the government take notice the pricing will increase especially on thinks like smart phone which happens to be the two hot buttons that FCC has been hamming AT&T on.

Dude,VZ ripped off all the people ,when they got the chance.

They are no better or worse than AT&T.

Admit it and move along.No need to defend VZ by excercsing a Nolanesque rationale.

The Customer always gets screwed.
  • Reply 83 of 91
    With the unlimited (Verizon) plan gone, I don't see much reason to go Verizon vs. ATT or Sprint, should it get the iPhone. With ATT's upcoming merger with T-Mobile in the works, the network advantages of Verizon should be somewhat mitigated. ATT has more up-to-date iPhone software, the ability to use the phone and data concurrently, and now, more individualized and "reasonable" data plans.
  • Reply 84 of 91
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cheesehed View Post

ATT has more up-to-date iPhone software

Which is rendered moot by the iPhone 5.

Quote:

more individualized and "reasonable" data plans.

At least until the merger goes through.
  • Reply 85 of 91
    Quote:

"more individualized and "reasonable" data plans."

Opinion, not fact, no?
  • Reply 86 of 91
    Quote:

Quote:

"more individualized and "reasonable" data plans."

Opinion, not fact, no?

We have an actual quote feature here.

Also, the merger itself is opinion, not fact. But let's indulge this fantasy.

What reason would AT&T have for having cheaper data plans if they take over T-Mobile? They would no longer have any competition. They can charge whatever they want.
  • Reply 87 of 91
    cheesehedcheesehed Posts: 22member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Also, the merger itself is opinion, not fact.

Wrong; that is a fact! Whether it goes through or not is another question .
  • Reply 88 of 91
    Quote:

What reason would AT&T have for having cheaper data plans if they take over T-Mobile? They would no longer have any competition. They can charge whatever they want.

Um...they will still have competition from Verizon and Sprint. Nevertheless, I DO agree with your last sentence.

(Well goll...elee, I really like these new-fangled things like "a quote feature". What'll they think of next??)
  • Reply 89 of 91
    Quote:

Wrong; that is a fact! Whether it goes through or not is another question .

Splitting hairs.

Quote:

Um...they will still have competition from Verizon and Sprint.

They're not direct competition. They're beside the point. I suppose you think AT&T won't be a monopoly if the merger goes through because Verizon and Sprint still exist, right? How wrong you are.
  • Reply 90 of 91
    Quote:

Splitting hairs.

They're not direct competition. They're beside the point. I suppose you think AT&T won't be a monopoly if the merger goes through because Verizon and Sprint still exist, right? How wrong you are.

So you're not only defining what does or does not constitute a "fact" but you're reading my mind .

Sorry, this path with you is pointless and not worth any effort.

Later man ....
  • Reply 91 of 91
    Quote:

So you're not only defining what constitutes a "fact" but you're reading my mind.

Sorry, this path with you is pointless and not worth any effort.

Later man ....

Can't answer the question? Ignore it entirely! That ALWAYS solves the problem!