Mac help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi Guys.

New to Mac!!

I have been windows based all my life and have just been converted. I know you have probably been asked this before but here goes.

I always have used ccleaner, clean disk security and spybot ad aware and all other things like defrag etc. I have to admit it's slightly confusing and slightly intimidating getting used to the Mac

and always kept my computer tip top and security free. Is there any utilities free out there that do the same things etc? Just got this little bargain for under £950. this is what i have got. i thought i heard that there was site where lots of software one could usually purchase is easy to obtain?? Just don't want to go and spend a fortune when its not needed

Model NametiMac (27inch)

Model IdentifiertiMac11,3

Processor NametIntel Core i3

Processor Speedt3.2 GHz

Number Of Processorst1

Total Number Of Corest2

L2 Cache (per core)t256 KB

L3 Cachet4 MB

Memoryt4 GB

Processor Interconnect Speedt5.86 GT/s

many thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

i thought i heard that there was site where lots of software one could usually purchase is easy to obtain??

No, we're not helping you pirate stuff.

http://www.alternativeto.net

Check there for freeware alternatives to paid or Windows software.

The Mac App Store application on your computer is also a quick and easy resource for finding applications.

You don't need virus protection, you don't need defragging software. Welcome to simplicity.