Why does Apple Mail keep opening?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I used to use Apple's Mail program in the past but because of a lot of needs I have with many email addresses I switched to another program, Mozilla Thunderbird. I have used it for a couple years and I never open Apple Mail.

Approximately a month ago Apple Mail started opening. I don't quite know for sure when it opens but I come to my computer to see it open but have never opened it and I simply close it to find it open the next day. I think it may have happened after one of the OS X updates but not the latest 10.6.8

I know it's not a computer specific issue since I have 3 Mac's and every one of them is doing this. Does anyone know what could be causing OS X to open Apple Mail? Is there a way I can stop it from doing this? I don't want to remove the Apple Mail program since it may cause additional issues.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    skottichanskottichan Posts: 193member
    It likes you.

Because seriously, I have four and none of them do it to me and I actually use Mail.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    check for any alarms you may have set up in ical that may be using mail as default for sending alerts
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    You're sure it's not in your Login Items?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post

check for any alarms you may have set up in ical that may be using mail as default for sending alerts

Along these lines check to see if any of your other applications are sending any email alerts, alarms or notifications.