LG, Samsung said to be working with Apple on high-def p-Si iPad 3 displays

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    cloudgazercloudgazer Posts: 2,161member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Your familiar with multiple supplier policy of Apple no?

Ahh yes, you're right - they have two suppliers, Simplo and Dynapack - not samsung though. Unsurprising really as Samsung itself buys batteries from Dynapack - presumably amongst others.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloudgazer View Post

Ahh yes, you're right - they have two suppliers, Simplo and Dynapack - not samsung though. Unsurprising really as Samsung itself buys batteries from Dynapack - presumably amongst others.

Anti-Apple fanboyism and wishful thinking are taking hold. I don't know what that means, but I understand it's what all the cool kids are saying.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Anti-Apple fanboyism and wishful thinking are taking hold. I don't know what that means, but I understand it's what all the cool kids are saying.

You should see the comments on 'thisismynext.com'. There are a couple of incredibly determined WP7-warriors on them making holy war against the fandroids.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by galbi View Post

so much for "apple is going to ditch samsung for pissing them off"

business is business to apple while business is personal for apple fans. Who knew?

Goes to show you, you cant get away from the tentacles of samsung.

By the way, the battery is provided by samsung as well

+1!!!
  • Reply 25 of 29
    ameldrum1ameldrum1 Posts: 255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaiser_soze View Post

I just question whether greater resolution is really needed. My eyes aren't the best, but even with reading glasses on, I don't see the individual pixels on the original iPad. Even when text is rendered too small for me to make out, the individual pixels are not apparent. An increase in screen pixel resolution implies an increase in the associated processing. Even if it were possible to fully offload that increase to a dedicated graphics processor, the increase in processing implies more power consumption. The improvement would be a very minor, incremental improvement at best, and with unwanted consequences.

I have an iPad1, and greater resolution is the only reason I would consider upgrading. My eyes are extremely good, and I find text on the iPad screen quite blurry/pixellated at times - perhaps particularly as I've grown accustomed to my iPhone4 screen.

I have no need for either front or rear facing cameras, don't need faster performance (other than that required to push the pixels at the current rate), or more memory, or less weight, or different colours, or a magnetic cover. But I would dearly love this QXGA display.

Different strokes huh?
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brutus009 View Post

Unless it's Samsung who is trying to buy Apple's dollars...

Brilliant!
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ameldrum1 View Post

I have an iPad1, and greater resolution is the only reason I would consider upgrading. My eyes are extremely good, and I find text on the iPad screen quite blurry/pixellated at times - perhaps particularly as I've grown accustomed to my iPhone4 screen.

Once you get used to the iPhone-4 screen everything else looks blurry
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by retiarius View Post

Hmm ... thanks for a voice of sanity here. The media, including AppleInsider, makes chip

selection decisions as if it were an all-or-none battle, intimating that

Samsung is really a sole-supplier in a manner which is now at risk.

Doesn't Apple second-source everything important, or is that a quaint notion

in the OEM business?

They have at least two sources for most parts with the notable exception of the processor. That is why I think people are reading too much into the fact that TSMC are testing chips for Apple. This is a second source, not a decision to ditch Samsung
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brutus009 View Post

Unless it's Samsung who is trying to buy Apple's dollars...

But Apple Dollars must be worth at least two US Dollars these days