Abdominal Cramps

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
When I used to work out a lot I used to get cramps around my waistline sometimes. Well, I just got a serious partner and we started 'being intimate' and I get those cramps in my lower abdominal area (waistline). I don't tell her , and I carry on to bring her to 'O'. But it ruins the experience for me. I remember when I used to be on the HS wrestling team that one of my coaches suggested eating something, but I can't remember what it is. I think it was like some kinds of fruit or something. Apples and/or bananas maybe. I know there were a couple threads that when through here on exercise. I'm sorta out of shape. I haven't exercised much more than the walking that my normal routine gives me in the last 4 years. So here are my questions:

--What kind of foods will help me to not have those craps?

--What exercises could help prevent the craps?

Thanks =)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Sit-up and push-ups will develop the lower abdominal area,and the foods that were mentioned are high in potassium-sometimes a potassium deficiency is the cause of muscle cramps,but they would not be localized in one area.You may want to consult a doctor,cramping in just one area may be a sign of something other than just lack of muscle tone.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, a hernia or some sort of intestinal thing? I'd get it checked. Awful to not enjoy intimacy. That alone would send me to the doctor's office ASAP!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    [quote]Originally posted by Rick1138:

<strong>Sit-up and push-ups will develop the lower abdominal area,and the foods that were mentioned are high in potassium-sometimes a potassium deficiency is the cause of muscle cramps,but they would not be localized in one area.You may want to consult a doctor,cramping in just one area may be a sign of something other than just lack of muscle tone.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's not just one area. It's just around the waist line. I get the craps when I use those muscles or when I run (which I assume uses those muscles). And it's not consistent. It just happens when I exert myself a bunch. Like if I ran a mile or two. Or I've been working harder in bed. I don't think that it's a hernia or an intestinal problem. I've always assumed that it was lack of muscle tone, but it certain foods might help then maybe I should go for that too.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 5 of 12
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Sounds like a hernia. People get them and don't realize it and have them for years because it's one of those injuries that simply doesn't heal on its own. Would be a good idea to have the Dr. check.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Yeah,go to the doctor,you're not going to have soreness in such a localized area from being out of shape,you would be sore in a lot of areas.

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: Rick1138 ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs:

<strong>Sounds like a hernia. People get them and don't realize it and have them for years because it's one of those injuries that simply doesn't heal on its own. Would be a good idea to have the Dr. check.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The pain isn't always there. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. Hernias aren't on-again-off-again things. I think this is just muscle cramps. And it's only during some sort of physical exertion. And even then it's only running mostly. I don't get these craps during heavy lifting. And if I recall correctly heavy lifting is when hernias usually rear their ugly heads.

edit:

I was planning on scheduling my yearly physical soon, I'll talk to my doctor about the hernia possibilies then. If it is a hernia it's not serious, a serious hernia would be a complete tear. As in a hole right through the muscle.

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: pyr3 ]

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: pyr3 ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by Rick1138:

<strong>Yeah,go to the doctor,you're not going to have soreness in such a localized area from being out of shape,you would be sore in a lot of areas.

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: Rick1138 ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I do get sore in other areas, but not when I don't use them. I would think something was up if my arms got sore when I was only using my hips, no?
  • Reply 9 of 12
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by pyr3:

<strong>

I do get sore in other areas, but not when I don't use them. I would think something was up if my arms got sore when I was only using my hips, no?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do as most people ask you to do here, go to the Doctor's office for a check. Probabily the problem is not too serious, but it's better to go to the doctor for nothing than ignore a serious problem.

It's difficult to say what is your problem, i am not very confident on what patient discribe me to make a diagnosis, you have to examine directly the patient.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    I was under the impression that a lack of salt (sodium) in the diet can lead to muscle cramps. Perhaps this is worse after a two mile run, as you may have sweated some out of your body.

Anyway, as the Doc says, go to the Doctors.

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: RodUK ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 12
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Gee...

I was having a lot of cramps on my fingers last week.. that's because of deimos rising.. so simply too much computer games..

Could be potassium .. but the doc's know it better .. ask before it gets worse
  • Reply 12 of 12
    No it's not potassium,becuase there would be cramps all over,not in one area,it could be a lot of things but go to a doctor and get checked.