Google's Schmidt: Apple responding to Android with lawsuits, not innovation

Comments

• Reply 21 of 228
    I think that photo of Schmidt is creepy.
  • Reply 22 of 228
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    Wow, Eric Schmidt doesn't know what innovation means? He must be an idiot. If I knew it was that easy to be a successful CEO in Silicon Valley I'd have gone there and done it myself.

What's that? He's not an idiot? He graduated from Princeton AND UC Berkeley? Why then...He must be wilfully spreading lies. I guess that makes this...

FUD.
  • Reply 23 of 228
    When your only selling point is that your product is free, and the reason it is free is wholesale IP theft, then you are really better off not complaining about lack of innovation from the people you are stealing from.

I can accept the "Apple should not litigate" arguments (though I don't completely agree with them) as being a genuine argument. But to tack on the "rather than innovate" part, when speaking about Apple, which created the industry you are talking about defies belief.
  • Reply 24 of 228
    And why not this is the beginning of the end for Android. First their hopes were dashed when Nokia turned to Microsoft. Then their asses got kicked in the Nortel bidding war which was won by Apple consortium. And now he's really getting nervous with the way things are going for HTC and Samsung while Motorola is secretly crafting their own mobile OS.

550K Android activations a day means $2.75M a day for the sitting pretty Microsoft. Now isn't he who is jealous?
  • Reply 25 of 228
    djmalikdjmalik Posts: 14member
    "hippocracy" means the bloated and fat companies seeking to sustain intellectual propoerty theft a tenet of a belief structure.

Sorry that I coined a new word.
  • Reply 26 of 228
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

And what Cochran proved conclusively is that if you repeat that catchy phrase over and over again, people will always come to believe it's true.

It's very shrewd really, even if it's morally bankrupt at the same time.

Too bad morally bankrupt doesn't effect the vicissitude of one's bank account.

But it's true; I'm sure there are a bazillion fandroids out there right now repeating the phrase as we speak without thinking it through themselves. You only need a majority of the idiots to support your cause. I'd make a Nazi analogy, but I don't think we're ready to enact Godwin's law yet.
  • Reply 27 of 228
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

We will openly share your innovations.

Nice.
  • Reply 28 of 228
    thecthec Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

Jealous?

Over 200 million ipods, practically invented the smart phone, ipads off the chart .......he needs to look in the mirror........
  • Reply 29 of 228
    Google executive Eric Schmidt has said his company will support HTC in its legal battle with Apple, and accused the company -- where he was once a board member -- for "responding with lawsuits" rather than innovating.

Schmidt left out one key word in his statement. "Apple "responding with Lawsuits rather than GOOGLE innovating"
  • Reply 30 of 228
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    So Eric why was Google so mad when Microsoft was allegedly copying Google's search results (in a pretty innovative manner)?
  • Reply 31 of 228
    snailersnailer Posts: 51member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spliff monkey View Post

I love how the universal response to these lawsuits has become "Apple would rather litigate than innovate". Sounds like something from John Cochran's mouth. A digestible soundbite that if repeated enough might be true in the minds of the thoughtless. The irony of this statement is unmatched in this century I believe. Thanks for the laugh Schmidt!

So true! Schmidt is copying the Conservative politicians most successful tactic of the last decade; if you repeat the same lies enough, most people will believe it. Think; "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and lately "Don't tax the job creators".

So if they keep repeating the message; "Apple doesn't innovate" and millions of people will start repeating it and it will become a "truth".
  • Reply 32 of 228
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I think that photo of Schmidt is creepy.

I am getting very violent feelings. I feel the urge to stuff him into a locker.
  • Reply 33 of 228
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    If Google is now defending its partners, where were they when Microsoft got its cut of Android?
  • Reply 34 of 228
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1reflectsathome View Post

Google executive Eric Schmidt has said his company will support HTC in its legal battle with Apple,

No one has mentioned - why didn't Google support HTC way back at the beginning? If they had any integrity, they would have been involved in defending HTC (and the others) from the start - not after Apple already won.
  • Reply 35 of 228
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkalu View Post

What else could you possibly say Mr. Schmidt?

Apple is innovating that is why they are being copied.

Agree 100%
  • Reply 36 of 228
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spliff monkey View Post

But it's true; I'm sure there are a bazillion fandroids out there right now repeating the phrase as we speak without thinking it through themselves. You only need a majority of the idiots to support your cause. I'd make a Nazi analogy, but I don't think we're ready to enact Godwin's law yet.

They will say Apple want to destroy Android.. Apple's scared of Android.. blah blab. And they call us fanboys.
  • Reply 37 of 228
    This schmidt guy is funny lol. Total fail, he cheated by being an apple board of directors moved to google and implement the whole thing then say apple is not innovating. This guy is an ***.
  • Reply 38 of 228
    negafoxnegafox Posts: 480member
    Now only if Apple could do a better job of copying Android's notification system.
  • Reply 39 of 228
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

So what is it he did behind Apple's back? Serious question.

Basically Google purchased startup Android in 2005. In 2006 Schmidt joined the Apple Board of Directors and was thus, very privy to the development and launch of the iPhone in 2007. At the same time, Google was furthering development of Android. After iPhone launched out of secrecy in 2007, Google launched Android, but now instead of having the Blackberry copying look-and-feel, it became a replica of the iPhone. They continued to work on Android, copying many of iPhone core features.

Finally in 2009, Schmidt "resigned" the board of directors, but Steve Jobs was very upset at the fact that Google decided to enter their market when they never thought twice about entering the search market.

So what Schmidt did was betray trust and non-disclosures in creating Android by copying Apple's years of research in the field.
  • Reply 40 of 228
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted