AT&T activated 1.3M more iPhones than rival Verizon in Q2 2011

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloudgazer View Post

The subscriber church is where we go to worship the Jesus phone.

You just helped sell a ton of iPhones to Tea Party members! Now we just need an app showing the Ancient Egyptians being chased by dinosaurs and one demonstrating all fossils were placed in rock at the same time.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    negafoxnegafox Posts: 480member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post
    • iPhone users are a bit smarter than your average smartphone user.

• Verizon costs more.

• AT&T is faster.

• AT&T offers concurrent voice and data.

• AT&T's global footprint is far larger (which also makes the future reselling of your iPhone that much easier)

I would probably say the average iPhone user is less tech-savvy than the average Android user. iPhone is very user friendly with no means to customize the device unless you jailbreak it.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    cloudgazercloudgazer Posts: 2,161member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

You just helped sell a ton of iPhones to Tea Party members! Now we just need an app showing the Ancient Egyptians being chased by dinosaurs and one demonstrating all fossils were placed in rock at the same time.

Muslims won't want a Mohammed phone, but i guess we can use GPS so the phone always shows the Qiblah. God-phones could be a whole new thing!
  • Reply 24 of 33
    maguromaguro Posts: 65member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloudgazer View Post

Muslims won't want a Mohammed phone, but i guess we can use GPS so the phone always shows the Qiblah. God-phones could be a whole new thing!

Rats, he fixed the original typo. Now it says "churn" instead of "church." It was fun while it lasted.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    srangersranger Posts: 473member
    Verizon's new pricing will probably put a hurting on all of it's smart phone sales.......

AT&T will be significantly less expensive with more options....

Verizon's only advantage is that is covers far more of the country with 3G than AT&T.......

About 1/3rd of my Sales territory has no AT&T 3G... It is nearly 100% covered by Verizon...
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Quote:

• Verizon costs more.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Really? Obviously an opinion of yours with no supporting data. The "I'm superior, smarter and richer because I buy Apple" statements that are sometimes made by Apple fanatics is a turn off for a lot of people, even Apple users.

You're both kind of ridiculous: 1) Apple fans are no smarter than anyone, that's a pompous and elitist thing to say and think. I guess all the business folks who use BB and android are somehow idiots? No one is better, just personal preference. 2) I personally hate when people on here always say things like, "Do you have any supporting data?" as if a person needs some chart to prove their opinion. As much as I/you/we have right to disagree with them, they don't need a scientific report to prove their opinion. You're both extremist.

(Sorry for bring off topic)

Clearly the 3GS is helping At&t. It's all a win-win-win for all parties. AT&T is continuing good sales, Verizon is gaining new customers and profits thanks to the iPhone, and Apple being the biggest winner increasing their userbase, selling more and making mo' money. No one cares, but I'm on my old 3GS on AT&T and will switch to Vz. AT&T is horrible in the SF/Bay Area. On the train now - blue skys, sunny and I have 'No Service' on my phone, have to wait till I get into SF to submit this, ridiculous!!! I'll take Vz slow over AT&T sporadic and not reliable. == All IMHO
  • Reply 27 of 33
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    Quote:

• Verizon costs more.

• AT&T is faster.

• AT&T's global footprint is far larger (which also makes the future reselling of your iPhone that much easier)

There are some advantages to AT&T, if you have a signal in your area. But there are possible reasons for these numbers that you left out.

The $50 iPhone 3GS is 1/4 of the cost of an iPhone 4, and is only available on AT&T.

A strong brand association between AT&T and the iPhone, and Verizon and Android, has been built up over the last few years.

Verizon has a much stronger lineup of Android phones to sell than AT&T does, including LTE phones.

Most important, people who really wanted an iPhone were already part-way into their contract on AT&T when the iPhone on Verizon came out. I suspect the simultaneous release of the iPhone 5 on both carriers will change things. We'll see, but I do think it is a little too early for you to crow too loudly.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Quote:

• Verizon costs more.

• AT&T is faster.

By looking at your previous posts it seems you are very anti-Verizon at Apple's expense which really doesn't make sense so you must work for AT&T. Do you live in San Francisco?

Oh and BTW like Michele Bachmann, you have a lot of misstatements on your post.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I would assume that the number could be greater than 50%. The 3GS is still the number 2 selling smartphone in the nation, and it's only available on 1 network, meaning that the 3GS is probably a high percent of AT&T's iPhone sales.

I would say of course it is, most people are looking for the cheapest price, they don't care what OS it's running. Android fans like to tout Android's market share being larger because more prefer Android over iOS, just as Windows users do. The fact of the matter is, MOST people don't care, they just want a smartphone or computer and they don't want to pay a lot for it.

When you charge a premium for something and it sells, that's desirability and only a few companies can pull it off.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Don't forget Rollover Minutes. Verizon continues to not provide such a mechanism. I never use all my minutes.

What good are they then? You're gonna be like one of those old ladies found dead with a million dollars under her mattress and was eating cat food.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

I would say of course it is, most people are looking for the cheapest price, they don't care what OS it's running. Android fans like to tout Android's market share being larger because more prefer Android over iOS, just as Windows users do. The fact of the matter is, MOST people don't care, they just want a smartphone or computer and they don't want to pay a lot for it.

When you charge a premium for something and it sells, that's desirability and only a few companies can pull it off.

And I would say you're absolutely right. I know people that change phones of opposing OSs simply because the price was right.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Keep your evolutionistic theories to yourself please.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    8 carriers in the UK (Orange, T-Mobile, O2, Tesco, Asda, Vodaphone, 3Three, LibreMobile) and 6 have the iPhone available for contracts. Yet only 2 carriers in the USA carry the iPhone? You'd think for a country that size it would be at least, what, ten? Does the USA even have ten carriers? I can only name four (Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon)