Apple may begin to phase out legacy 13-inch white MacBook

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) A snow leopard is smaller than a leopard so by your reasoning Mac OS X 10.6 was a "step backwards" from Mac OS X 10.5. But it wasn't; it was aesthetically similar but the unpinnings were greatly redesigned, hence they used the same codename with an additional word. If they do a tick/took method again it's not unprecedented for Apple to do the same thing again.

2) As long as it's Mac OS X ? not Mac OS XI ? I don't think they'll move from the cat names. I also don't think elephant would be used as there arent many paciderms to choose from.

1) Sabertooth tiger would indicate that Mac OS X is long in the tooth.

2) Mac OS X has been multitouch for years.

Snow Leopards are much more beautiful, and you had to look up the fact that they are somewhat smaller. It's not likely that people know that. But Lion? Everyone knows they are the King of the Beasts. I believe some company even made a movie about it.
  • Reply 82 of 88
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Snow Leopards are much more beautiful, and you had to look up the fact that they are somewhat smaller. It's not likely that people know that. But Lion? Everyone knows they are the King of the Beasts. I believe some company even made a movie about it.

1) More beautiful is subjective, but even if the majority view it's ironic since SL was advertised as "no new features" and little change in it's appearance.

2) I think Lion is likely the last of the car names, but I wouldn't ignore what Apple did with Leopard and Snow Leopard as detailed above.

3) To get specifics I'd have to "look up" any of the big cats, but I'm aware of the basic facts like size and even know most of their genus and species as a result of my armchair studies.

4) What category has 10 solid codenames that are as marketable as the big cats? Pastries are already taken by Android.
  • Reply 83 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) More beautiful is subjective, but even if the majority view it's ironic since SL was advertised as "no new features" and little change in it's appearance.

2) I think Lion is likely the last of the car names, but I wouldn't ignore what Apple did with Leopard and Snow Leopard as detailed above.

3) To get specifics I'd have to "look up" any of the big cats, but I'm aware of the basic facts like size and even know most of their genus and species as a result of my armchair studies.

4) What category has 10 solid codenames that are as marketable as the big cats? Pastries are already taken by Android.

Who knows if they will go a full 10. They may have stopped at seven with this series.

Maybe trees. A lot of good stuff there. Or mountains. It doesn't have to be animals.
  • Reply 84 of 88
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Who knows if they will go a full 10. They may have stopped at seven with this series.

Maybe trees. A lot of good stuff there. Or mountains. It doesn't have to be animals.

Apple's moving to an outer space vibe, so why not celestial objects?

Mac OS 11: Sol, Orion, Andromeda, Virgo, Pices-Cetus, Sloan, and Cold Spot.

You know, just work up in size.

But we can't do astronomers, though. The debacle with Sagan as a codename proved that.
  • Reply 85 of 88
    nooo... I want macbook
  • Reply 86 of 88
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freeshipping View Post

nooo... I want macbook

So buy one refurbished or from Clearance.

I question your validity...
  • Reply 87 of 88
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    The new cat name ?

Saber

• Reply 88 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

The new cat name ?

Saber

Extinct