iphone 4 update help please

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I had the jailbreak with cydia on my phone, but didn't care for it. I deleted it, or I think I did anyway. The icon is no longer on my phone. Now that the 4.3.4 update is available, I cannot get it to load onto my phone. I have the latest itunes, but I get the error code of 3194, telling me to install the latest itunes. itunes won't let me restore either, same error. I tried the fix of turning off the phone, then hold down the home button while plugging in the cord, but get same 3194 error code.

HELP PLEASE !!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    DFU restore.

You oughtn't jailbreak without the knowledge of how nor a reason to do so.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

DFU restore.

You oughtn't jailbreak without the knowledge of how nor a reason to do so.

Jailbreaking was easy, took 3--5 minutes. UN-breaking is the hard part. Thanks for your help. I'll try DFU after a recharge of completely dead battery.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    alewalew Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cajunfla View Post

Jailbreaking was easy, took 3--5 minutes. UN-breaking is the hard part. Thanks for your help. I'll try DFU after a recharge of completely dead battery.

It's easy but you know little about it - and you should not get involved in it if you don't truly understand what it does, its side effects, etc. Also, "UN-breaking" is normally not the hard part as a simple restore would fix it had you not done something you weren't supposed to do.